Ford Drags

• Sponsors (?)

88SC_GT said:
is the track opening at 8 am for sure on sat? just want to double check

Yes, 8AM.

Since I don't like to spend 40 minutes in line, idling, working the clutch and waiting to pay once the gates open, I try to get there as early as possible. I have never been first though. Some people must get there at 6:30 or so.

lamrith said:
yeah we need to get something for knowing who is who.. I know someone was working on static decals for us..

How about writing a four inch "s" in the upper passenger-side-corner of your rear window. That would mean you do not mind being approached as an active Stanget type. Just write it with the white marker used for your number.

stock50LX said:
How about writing a four inch "s" in the upper passenger-side-corner of your rear window. That would mean you do not mind being approached as an active Stanget type. Just write it with the white marker used for your number.

Stock:

Good idea, although I was kinda hoping that if you are of the female persuasion that you would write the "S" on your shirt in the center of your chest so I would have an excuse for looking!!!!! :D Pink would be a nice color.... :p

yeah, 9 sounds like a better time to arrive then 7 or earlier :notnice:

this will be my second time to PR, last time there was only about 10 people in the stands. around how many people go to this usually? ill be in the last set of bleachers on the right side with the blue/white tearaway mustang if anyone from sn wants to hangout

N20Jnky said:
Stock:

Good idea, although I was kinda hoping that if you are of the female persuasion that you would write the "S" on your shirt in the center of your chest so I would have an excuse for looking!!!!! :D Pink would be a nice color.... :p

Sorry Junky, I am very male. The use of "you" above was in reference to "any female", right? You were not referring to me, personally.

stock50LX said:
Sorry Junky, I am very male. The use of "you" above was in reference to "any female", right? You were not referring to me, personally.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Stock - I know your a guy... I was using the "any female" variety of "you" to make my comment generic... UGH!!!!! So much for my crappy humor, eh!!!!

N20Jnky said:

Stock - I know your a guy... I was using the "any female" variety of "you" to make my comment generic... UGH!!!!! So much for my crappy humor, eh!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

:bang:

No worries. I was thinking of those reading the thread being misled, so I wanted to clarify. Now, about your wife coming in her Mustang...

Todd:

The drag races are bracket races thus all you really need to be is extremely consistent. If I remember correctly the guy that won last year was driving a basically stock GT...

Stock50:

Very sly there about the wife!!! Sorry, but she is not a StangNetter....

I know that they are brackets, but if I go I want to get the best times I can. The few times I have been out there traction was very illusive. There is no way that I can even come close to running consistant times on my current street tires.

My best times last your were at ALL FORD day. The track was actually prepped.

In my view, the best reason for attending is to see all the Fords and talk to the owners who don't normally come to the drag races. Lots of classic cars usually show-up. The bracket races are not taken so seriously.