Ford Gears VS. Motive Gears

• Sponsors (?)

Yes!!! I've heard that the motive gears tend to whine. pay the extra money for the new shim/ bearing kit and the FRPP! And have someone who's installed gears before do it because if done right Gears DO Not Whine!

I say it depends on your installer. Mine installs Motives all day long with no whine. My set of FRPP gears whine like crazy and he said he will install another set for free because of the issue. Most say go with FRPP, I agree unless your installer uses another manufacturer. I'm going with the Motives since my installer installs them all the time with no issues. So who really knows :shrug:

I say it depends on your installer. Mine installs Motives all day long with no whine. My set of FRPP gears whine like crazy and he said he will install another set for free because of the issue. Most say go with FRPP, I agree unless your installer uses another manufacturer. I'm going with the Motives since my installer installs them all the time with no issues. So who really knows :shrug:

Listen to ScortLX. Talk with your installer. Mine wouldn't warrantee the install on Motives, but I wanted 3:90s, so I couldn't go with FRPP. They happened to do an excellent job, so no problems here.

the big time gear shop here in spokane uses some chinese knock of gears, they are in a (^($(&^$)*%_ box too you cant understand anything on it lol....

he swears by em, he does most of the drag cars around here, and he refuses to install richmond gears... he does also like motive and FRPP gears..

i believe its all in the install .... like said above just see what your installer says.. mine gave me a year warrenty on gear whine