Ford Racing Axel Backs

bluebomber420

May 25, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Whats up all... Im thinking of getting the Ford Racing M-5230-GTA axel backs for my stang. All of the parts are currently stock.

Anyone have a pair of these, or know someone who does? What is your input about them? are they worth it (found a deal for under 300) or should I go with another brand

• Sponsors (?)

I have them installed on my '06 and am pretty happy with them. I think they are a little quiet though. They have a great tone to them, especially when starting the car and revving it up. I have found they are a little too quiet for me when crusing. I think they would sound perfect with a high-flo mid-pipe to wake them up a little bit.

I installed in the parking lot with a set of ramps and 2 wrenches, took about 15 minutes.

I have the GTA AB and love the sound. Dead quiet at cruise on the inside but sound wicked on the outside.

These cars have a cool sound due to lack of tailpipes.

I know one thing for sure, 4" tips look WAY better then stock tips.

Also from Nino, you can't beat the price for a AB.

bluebomber420 said:
Yes CJ, I was asking if you had the GTAs or the GT5's

I have the GTA mufflers, though they did not come from Ford Racing, they came directly from Supreme Exhaust.

The mufflers probably are much louder from behind the car, I just wish I could hear them a little more. They do sound awfully wicked when you rev it up to about 5000 RPM.

109079.jpg

109080.jpg

Looks GREAT, CJ! :nice:

I noticed you have a white Stang. How is that color working for you? Any stripes/visual mods?

I have the green color and am seriously considering painting mine white with blood red stripes. White with chrome rims and tailpipes... well, you just can't get better than that, eh? :)

jakoye said:
Looks GREAT, CJ! :nice:

I noticed you have a white Stang. How is that color working for you? Any stripes/visual mods?

I have the green color and am seriously considering painting mine white with blood red stripes. White with chrome rims and tailpipes... well, you just can't get better than that, eh? :)

I love the color, especially after it's actually washed, and it's bright as hell.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Make the car payments for now I suppose, LOL.