3.73's /w rebuilt trac loc
max motorsports lower control arms
granatelli upper control arms
max motorsports front strut bar
lincoln mark vii 73mm calipers
hawk hps brake pads
max motorsports braided steel brake lines
max motorsports full length subframe connectors

The main difference I see between the B and C springs is that the front spring rate is much higher in the C springs, 650lb/feet versus 425

I mainly auto-x my car, although it is also a daily driver. I was wondering if the C springs would be more beneficial over the B springs, however, I also live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and our roads SUCK. Ride quality is unfortunately going to be a factor. Any suggestions?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=271

• Sponsors (?)

I have had the B springs in my Capri since 91 or so, and really like them. They lowered the front about 1/2 in more than I wanted, but they ride nicely and have lasted this long no prob. I would not want the stiffer C springs, for either ride quality or weight transfer purposes. They give me all the handling I would ever want. I had stock tires when I got them, put skinnies on a bit later. I love the skinnies, and it still corners flat and feels nimble.

I have c's in my car and i ave to tell you body roll is non existant. Yes the ride quality is a little down i'm sure because of how stiff they are. And i also think these springs are hurting my drag racing but the car has a nice stance.

I have the C springs and i guarantee you a way stiffer ride than factory. So if you are definitely worried about a softer ride, go B. If you want a car the digs in to corners hard with absolutely no body roll and can sacrifice some ride quality, go C

I have the Bs on my car and it is rough. The road in front of my house hasn't been paved in over 30 years and it beats me to death. Crossing rough railroad crossings can be quite the experience too. Be prepared to go a little sideways. Road race springs are generally made for smoother surfaces.

I like my B's a lot. Its hard for me to remember what the originals were like when it was new, but these springs seem to fit my needs now for sure. Lowered the car and makes it handle almost as if its on rails. To me there is nothing soft about the ride but its far from harsh either. The road quality down here is good though.

rd said:
I have had the B springs in my Capri since 91 or so, and really like them. They lowered the front about 1/2 in more than I wanted, but they ride nicely and have lasted this long no prob. I would not want the stiffer C springs, for either ride quality or weight transfer purposes. They give me all the handling I would ever want. I had stock tires when I got them, put skinnies on a bit later. I love the skinnies, and it still corners flat and feels nimble.

The B springs definitely lower the front more than they say, and a little more than I wanted. It's not horrible, but I wasn't looking for a raked look. My car handles pretty well with them, but I haven't really pushed it yet, since I have really crappy tires on it still.

I had some lowering springs on my last 5.0, I thought they were B springs (they came with the car), but they were a lot stiffer than the B's I just put on my car, so they were probably C's. The B's aren't too stiff.

Jeff

Ok so after driving with the C's all summer here's my review

The frontend is too low, and the backend is too high. It looks cool as hell, but man does the car dive while braking

Body roll is very much still there, next year I will be investing in some sway bars

Turnin is much improved, and the car is very composed through the corners

The gr2's sure didn't like the 650lb spring rate, they'll be replaced with bilsteins next year

All in all I'm still not regretting the purchase, but I think if I had just went for coilovers in the first place I would have been better off

Oh, and I didn't have any ride problems until the shocks blew again, even on bumpy as hell roads

Anybody mind posting any of their experiences with their coil-overs and posting what kind of spring rates they are running? Have them in my car, but it's not runnin yet, so I'm curious to see what other people might say about similar set ups.