Ford Racing CMVC Delete under $100

• Sponsors (?)

tom281 said:
I bought mine 2 weeks ago for $95 delivered. Can't beat that!

Where did you buy yours? What is your take on this mod. I have read mixed reviews, but most were very positive and most really liked the mod. I have heard everything from 5 to 12 rwhp at peak and 5 to 15 rwhp across the board. Also a gain in torque. But for under a 100 bucks, even if it only nets a 5rwhp gain it is worth it. Also most have stated that it really helps the throttle response.

Bigcat they siad that wheren't avialable until Oct 10th.

JTGrant said:
Where did you buy yours? What is your take on this mod. I have read mixed reviews, but most were very positive and most really liked the mod. I have heard everything from 5 to 12 rwhp at peak and 5 to 15 rwhp across the board. Also a gain in torque. But for under a 100 bucks, even if it only nets a 5rwhp gain it is worth it. Also most have stated the is really helps the throttle response.

Bigcat they siad that wheren't avialable until Oct 10th.

I like the mod- I can post pix if you want. The only thing that I dislike about the mod (so far) is that upon cold startup, my car idles at around 1500 rpm for several seconds, then slowly comes down. Brent at Brenspeed may be able to adjust for this though......... Otherwise, easy install, better response, a little more power: all for less than $100, can't beat it.

I have a custom tune from Brenspeed, but they modified that just for the addition of the plates and re-emailed it to me. So, I guess it's kind of like a custom canned tune:rlaugh:. Like I said I'm going there next week to get the tuned on the dyno with the plates installed. I was at 296/316 and since then I added Steeda pullies, these plates, and 4.10 gears- so I won't be able to tell you how much I gained just from the plates. I don't believe much in SOTP feel, but the reponse is noticeably better and the car revs quicker.

Tom

Install took me about an hour, including stopping to take pictures every couple of minutes. Here's the highlights:

FRPP plates:
View attachment 437523

Engine with intake removed:
View attachment 437526

Factory intake with factory plates still bolted on:
View attachment 437528

Close up of the seals- remove these from the factory plates and install them into the FRPP delete plates:
View attachment 437530

I left the actuator motor in place but removed the arms:
View attachment 437532

After that, just reinstall the whole assembly, make sure you plug in everything that you unplugged; upload your new tune, and ripass.

Tom

05PhillyStang said:
Rookie question - what is this part? What does it do? Does it require a tune?

there is a lot of mixed opinions on the function of these on THIS car. On earlier models it was for low end torque. From what I have gathered it is for low torque and emissions on this car. yes it does require a custom tune, the whole tune needs to be reworked.

I got my delete plates from pmpparts.com as well. The install was easy. I got a tune from bamachips to work with mine, and I have not noticed any loss in the bottom end.

Though I think I may have lost about 1 mpg, which kinda makes sense since I believe this is one of the reasons for the valves in the first place.

I will need to actually pay more attention to validate whether this 1 mpg loss is a reality, because I have been driving a little faster lately to test out the plates through the rpm range and makes sure everything was running smooth.

Mr_Q said:
So with the stock plates, they only completely open at WoT right? That's the only time the arm allows for it? It's full range of motion?

I was thinking that it was more RPM related than throttle position related, but I could be wrong. As if to say, that they only opened above a set RPM rather than only at WOT. Someone else may know for sure.