ford racing paint colors

bdcardinal

tree hugger
Jun 10, 2003
santa barbara, CA
hey all

got the FRPP axle girdle for christmas and i had a cool idea to do before i throw it on. i was thinking of painting the ford racing emblem on it and then clearcoating it. i know i wouldnt see it, but it would be cool to show off. anyway i need to know the ford racing paint colors. i went to Duplicolors webpage and they have Ford Blue, Ford Dark Blue and Ford Red. would these be close enough to the colors so that it would look good. im debating of painting the diff if i take it out to do gears, ill probably just paint it black. i just like everything on the car to look good, even if people cant see them. btw this is going on my black 98 GT 5 speed. i will probably do gears when im doing the cover because the car has 98.5k miles on it and i was planning on rebuildig the diff anyway. i also have about 7 lifts and practically the whole Snap-On catalog of tools at my disposal at my work so ill be doing this myself.

im planning on painting the oval blue, the "Racing" red, and the "Performance Parts" blue. ive also thought of smoothing out all the rough spots on the cover so the install looks even cleaner.

thanks for any ideas

Attachments

• 0069.jpeg
    0069.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Sponsors (?)

Jealous about the tools and access to the lift, but this one really doesn't get seen and the stock look of the girdle is a major upgrade from the crappy, stock rear cover. If you have the paint bug, have you painted your calipers yet? If not, it is relatively easy to do and is a major improvement that can be seen. I get complements on mine all the time of all things.