Ford Racing says Supercharger kit is coming!

351CJ

Dec 11, 2002
Ford Racing's future plans for kits based on the screw-type supercharger technology are to cover a wide range Ford car and truck powertrains. The first stand-alone supercharger kits will be for the new 2005 Mustang's 4.6-liter 3V V8 and for the 2004-05 F-150's 5.4-liter 3V V8. After that, development work will turn to the last-generation F-150's and Expedition's 5.4-liter SOHC V8. Ford Racing will then continue with truck applications including the 6.8-liter 2V and 3V V10s.

For full story:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=19516

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, if it is a Genuine Ford Part, it will be covered by your warranty, as long as it is DEALER installed. :) My father has a Powerdyne that was installed by some performance shop, but they still covered his truck under warranty because Powerdyne is the supplier of Cent. Superchargers to FoMoCo. But most of the time they will piss on your corn flakes if Ford doesn't install it.

CatmanJJ said:
It'd be nice if Ford actually built their run of the mill motors to handle boost a bit better.

Doing that idea from Ford's perspective:

"It'd be nice if people would buy a Mustang GT that starts at $32,000"

umm if you guys read the article it say at the bottom "Ford Racing Performance Parts are sold without warranty and are for off-road use only." is it just me or does that mean no warranty if its for off road use only?!!?

It all depends.. You should be albe to buy the roush and saleen superchargers and put them on the car and it be covered under warranty because they cover them if you buy the car with the supercharger on them.. just make sure Ford installs it!

new22003 said:
Where did you hear this?

I read it somewhere but cant remember ... Thats why I am asking here :shrug:

Anyway I read these supercharging kits can give you 30-75% more horsepower so 500hp would be in the ballpark. If this is the case and if its covered under my factory and extended waranty ... I will definitely be picking one up :D

peace

George

Stang2k5 said:
I read it somewhere but cant remember ... Thats why I am asking here :shrug:

Anyway I read these supercharging kits can give you 30-75% more horsepower so 500hp would be in the ballpark. If this is the case and if its covered under my factory and extended waranty ... I will definitely be picking one up :D

peace

George

Not likely. They would probably have to certify the emission and blah blah blah.......just don't see it happening. If you want a Ford with a blower AND a warranty, you buy a Saleen, Roush, Cobra, Lightning, or GT.

Interesting......they're going to be selling the GT engine (THE GT....yeah :D) through the FRPP catalog. They already want to bend you over for a freakin' 03/04 Cobra engine and a Cammer, who knows how ridiculous the GT engine will be.