Ford Racings Radiator is Crap!!!

• Sponsors (?)

No warrenty means they know they built a piece of garbage......thats too bad to hear though:(

FRPP doesn't warranty any of their products since the are the "racing" parts division. Regular old Motorcraft stuff is warrantied but not the FRPP stuff.

That does suck about the radiator though. I have one from Northern Radiator. Nice full aluminum, all welded and a straight drop in. Even has the slots in the bottom lip for the fan shroud brackets.

I have had my FRPP Rad for 6 years now and no issues with it. My engine runs cool. I have an issue with my black magic fan but thats a different story. I would not agree that the rads are crap. Where is the hole?

FRPP doesn't warranty any of their products since the are the "racing" parts division. Regular old Motorcraft stuff is warrantied but not the FRPP stuff.

That does suck about the radiator though. I have one from Northern Radiator. Nice full aluminum, all welded and a straight drop in. Even has the slots in the bottom lip for the fan shroud brackets.

That always cracked me up....seeing as how most of the Ford Racing stuff is just repackaged parts that come with a warranty from the original manufacturer. The Ford Racing cap and rotor set and water pump...both Motorcraft items. They don't even repackage those, they just slap a Ford Racing sticker over the Motorcraft sticker. Pretty much everything Ford Racing sells is made by someone else, and if you were to buy it from the original manufacturer you would get a warranty and they would be cheaper. Thus, why I have NO Ford Racing parts on my car....and I work for a Ford Racing dealer.

DOnt feel to bad, oh and by the way-Welcome to my world, I have my 2nd FLUIDYNE that has a leak.
I'll give you some good advice-Definitely replace the lower rubber "INULATORS" when you replace the rad. They are $20 fom laurel Mustang, just some added insurance, esepcially after hearing the damper the rad from any severe potholes and crap, the original ones are most likely ancient being our cars are older.
I have to send my Fluidyne out to get repaired, until then-I just bought a Go dan 3 core copper brass GDI 433138 off rockauto for $151 time being.

Good luck-Ant

DOnt feel to bad, oh and by the way-Welcome to my world, I have my 2nd FLUIDYNE that has a leak.
I'll give you some good advice-Definitely replace the lower rubber "INULATORS" when you replace the rad. They are $20 fom laurel Mustang, just some added insurance, esepcially after hearing the damper the rad from any severe potholes and crap, the original ones are most likely ancient being our cars are older.
I have to send my Fluidyne out to get repaired, until then-I just bought a Go dan 3 core copper brass GDI 433138 off rockauto for $151 time being.

Good luck-Ant

Do you have a part number on the insulators? I cannot find them on the website.
Thanks

The lack of warranty is due to the 'intended use' of the parts. A 'Racing' part is assumed to suffer greater abuse than the same part on a street car.
How do you estimate the life of a part, when you don't know how severe the service life will be?

Out of curiousity...
What was your coolant mix for the last year?
tap/well water?

jason

The lack of warranty is due to the 'intended use' of the parts. A 'Racing' part is assumed to suffer greater abuse than the same part on a street car.
How do you estimate the life of a part, when you don't know how severe the service life will be?

Out of curiousity...
What was your coolant mix for the last year?
tap/well water?

jason

I used the Prestone 50/50 coolant mix. I had bought the same radiator for my 85 which was a street/strip car ran straight water and it lasted the life of the car, 3 years i had it and then i sold it, and it is still running.

Do you have a part number on the insulators? I cannot find them on the website.
Thanks

hey man-

i called 5.0 resto and they were out, then CJ Pony parts and they were out, and then finally laurel Mustangs-and they had them, but they are not listed on the website. They are Scott Drake rubber parts. Just call and ask them for the upper/lower radiator INSULATOR kit its $19.95. as a mtter of fact-just slapped them on and tonight-putting my new rad in-Im done with theis rad crap man!

Later Ant

hey man-

i called 5.0 resto and they were out, then CJ Pony parts and they were out, and then finally laurel Mustangs-and they had them, but they are not listed on the website. They are Scott Drake rubber parts. Just call and ask them for the upper/lower radiator INSULATOR kit its $19.95. as a mtter of fact-just slapped them on and tonight-putting my new rad in-Im done with theis rad crap man!

Later Ant

Thanks for the info.