Ford Strut Brace Opinions

ohioman911

Nov 16, 2003
Florida
Hey all,
Just picked up a Ford Racing strut tower brace, and I'm wondering if I made a mistake. It looks like a lot of holes to drill compared to the Kenny Brown brace, and I'm a bit concerned about aligning it properly. Anyone have any experience with the Ford brace? How about the Kenny Brown brace? Anyone have either one and a K&N cold air kit? :shrug:

Thanks!
HRDLEY
2002 Mineral Gray GT

• Sponsors (?)

I have FRPP brace(pics in my pic site somewhere if you care to see). Yes, you do have to drill, but I think it was worth it. Mine is lowered, and there is some serious bumpy road where I live, and I do think it tightens up the front. But I don't have any experience with KB one, but I think i have heard good thing about it. BTW, as far as aligment goes, you really can't mess it up. it really can only go one way. idea of STB is to connect both strut towers together and distribute load over bigger area so that it won't bend. So even if it is off slightly, it'll still work as intended

Thanks for the reply! Checked out your site and you've got one baddd-looking 'Stang! I was thinking about the clear fogs too. I put a strut brace in my 98 GT droptop, but misaligned it slightly side to side. Then the hood wouldn't close. Sooooo, I had to take it out and have it "adjusted". I don't want to make the same mistake twice...

Later,
HRDLEY