Found a good deal.

02TruBlueGt

Aug 22, 2006
Soooo i found a great local deal. Someone is selling a full (everything included) 99 GT engine for 300 bucks. There are 120k miles on it. I was thinking of purchasing for a winter engine build. forged rods, crank, pistons, and some stage 1 or 2 camshafts and get it ready to see soem serious spray. Would youi guys hop on this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on the condition of the heads, and valvetrain. A used block can be had for 50 bucks at a junkyard, so anyblock that is not cracked is going to be fine for a rebuild, since it will be machined and new parts put in. I would be concerned with the cylinder heads. Make sure that you have them pressure tested to make sure there are no cracks. Give them a good port job as well when its all apart.

I know the guys who car its coming from. Its in good condition he just swapped a cobra swap in his gt. cause he was gonna sell me his 5spd (t45 i think) cause my 3rd gear is gone but im just going to swap in a tko600 when i can afford it along with this project build.