Found a lose hose, pic inside

MustangvertGT

Founding Member
Jul 17, 2002
Montebello, Cali
I was lookin around and noticed a hose completly off. The other end goes to my a/c compressor. Wierd thing is my A/C has worked fine, so Im guessing it might be for something else. I reconnected it, but it has no clamp, it will most likely come off again (until i get a clamp tomarrow).

One end goes to the a/c, the other goes to that silver round thing (please tell me what it is, I sound like a retard saying "silver round thing", haha)

So what is it? Ive been lacking power and having backfiring issues if its related (hopefully).

I havnt driven it since I pluged it in cuz my parents went out for dinner, and my dad left his truck in the way. He has his keys with him, so no dice there.

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

Can you be a bit more descriptive? What area int he compartment is it in? there are no hoses close to the A/C compressor, besides the one big one that goes around the intake, and the smaller one that goes down the pasenger side of the engine, and both are part of the A/C. How big is the hose?

opps, my bad. I forgot to add the pic, do'h!

here it is. I removed the air filter to view it better.
im0004311.jpg

BlackFox5.0 said:
It's part of the emissions stuff. I can't remember exactly what that specific part is for, I have to see it in person, I forget where it all hooks up

It goes from the thermactor (smog) pump to the catalytic convertors. The piece it attaches to in the picture is a air dump valve that opens or closes to the atmosphere when necessary.

50supercoupe said:
It goes from the thermactor (smog) pump to the catalytic convertors. The piece it attaches to in the picture is a air dump valve that opens or closes to the atmosphere when necessary.
Props dude, you know your s**t!! :nice: (You can even see the place on the diverter valve where it belongs in the picture. :doh: