found a nice nice fox

bvav22

Jul 1, 2004
Michigan
my buddy stopped by with a car his grandfather is trying to sell, its an 89 5.0 convertible with an auto. and its CLEAN, and i mean CLEEEEEEAN, only 39k on the car too.

thought i would share, made me happy to see such a clean fox :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

ive always thought of how amazing it would be to go into a dealer in 1989 (best year fox) and get a black on black gt hatch in 5 speed. loaded except for sunroof. then the entire car has only had you as a driver. ever.

ive always thought of how amazing it would be to go into a dealer in 1989 (best year fox) and get a black on black gt hatch in 5 speed. loaded except for sunroof. then the entire car has only had you as a driver. ever.

its funny, i have this little book about stangs and has all year stangs going back to the 60's and there prices at the time. A 1990 gt 5.0 brand new was listed at 15 grand brand new and an lx 5.0 was 11 grand. WHo woulda thought. My brother had a 1990 gt back in 92 which he let me use every now and then. I was only 16 at that time and didnt know prices nor could i afford one. Even though i have a mint black on black lx 5.0 with 65k original miles, i wish i could still go buy a brand new one for 11 k. Hell Id buy a new lx and a new gt. MY stupid cobra i had cost more than the both of them, yet id still rather have the old school fox.

its funny, i have this little book about stangs and has all year stangs going back to the 60's and there prices at the time. A 1990 gt 5.0 brand new was listed at 15 grand brand new and an lx 5.0 was 11 grand. WHo woulda thought. My brother had a 1990 gt back in 92 which he let me use every now and then. I was only 16 at that time and didnt know prices nor could i afford one. Even though i have a mint black on black lx 5.0 with 65k original miles, i wish i could still go buy a brand new one for 11 k. Hell Id buy a new lx and a new gt. MY stupid cobra i had cost more than the both of them, yet id still rather have the old school fox.

whatyear cobra?
I mean u mean the foxes are better than the cobras?
tell me more???

old school fox?
seems everything starts to go the more miles a car gets.
foxes got over 200,000 now.
y u think their collectible or sought after??:rolleyes:

Shortthrow didn't say the fox was better than a cobra, just that he likes the 5.0 more. Possable to like a car that isn't the fastest one ever produced? Boy I hope so, thats what most of us have. I'm in complete lust with an 03 Sonic Cobra near me, but I'd rather have the LX in my garage.

Shortthrow didn't say the fox was better than a cobra, just that he likes the 5.0 more. Possable to like a car that isn't the fastest one ever produced? Boy I hope so, thats what most of us have. I'm in complete lust with an 03 Sonic Cobra near me, but I'd rather have the LX in my garage.

Im contemplating repairs and bucks and inconvienence of restoring as things wear out in an over 200,000 mile fox.
Thats versus say a lower mileage fox ,sn95 or what are th e 99,ups called.
I see prices are pretty low for even say 96-99 cobras .
I figuring that if i start that nickle and dime deal by the end of all the bull i may have just bought a lower mileage one and be done with it.
Im leaning that way now, i do realize the foxes are becomming more and more scarce though any thoughts??:rolleyes:

yeah, thats pretty much what i meant. I sold my 03 cobra in novenmber and picked up my fox a week after. I just didnt appreciate the cobra like i do my fox. I wanted something that I could build myself and appreciate. Yes, as the years go on I do beleive they become worth more and more . Most of the foxes have been drag raced and scrapped. So take care of your 5.0 . Eevn if my fox was worth 30 grand in 10-15 years. I will still never get rid of it dude. I will just ad more mustangs to my collection. They are fun cars to drive. Thats what makes it so great. One more thing. I have to say it but even though the cobra was fast in the top speed category, it felt like a heavy ass pig on acceleration.

No, these old cars can and will nickle and dime you half to death. In a couple years, the early SN95's will start to do the same thing. Just an age thing, machines wear out, all that. Preventative repairs have helped mine stay away from a tow truck, like now, running through a motor that probably didn't need it, changing every sensor while I'm there. Just kinda hoping to stay ahead. The old musclecar guys never had to do the things we have to, they didn't have this damn electronic stuff to worry about, and that seems to be the primary source of larceny the 5.0 kills us with.

yeah, thats pretty much what i meant. I sold my 03 cobra in novenmber and picked up my fox a week after. I just didnt appreciate the cobra like i do my fox. I wanted something that I could build myself and appreciate. Yes, as the years go on I do beleive they become worth more and more . Most of the foxes have been drag raced and scrapped. So take care of your 5.0 . Eevn if my fox was worth 30 grand in 10-15 years. I will still never get rid of it dude. I will just ad more mustangs to my collection. They are fun cars to drive. Thats what makes it so great. One more thing. I have to say it but even though the cobra was fast in the top speed category, it felt like a heavy ass pig on acceleration.

so cause of the light weight 2 valves ect less smog perhaps other things the foxes feel quicker off the line??????

No, these old cars can and will nickle and dime you half to death. In a couple years, the early SN95's will start to do the same thing. Just an age thing, machines wear out, all that. Preventative repairs have helped mine stay away from a tow truck, like now, running through a motor that probably didn't need it, changing every sensor while I'm there. Just kinda hoping to stay ahead. The old musclecar guys never had to do the things we have to, they didn't have this damn electronic stuff to worry about, and that seems to be the primary source of larceny the 5.0 kills us with.

I believe these foxes can be cheaper on parts less complex than later years models and i believe easier to work on less costly than the LT-1,s ot Ls-1,s also many ricers as well!!!

Thats exactly what im saying, but others will disagree for there own personal reasons. in my fox, the torque is always there

Sumpin tells me these foxes will be sought after more and more people find out what you found out.
it seems to be comming a popular opinion if not the word.
the word is
Foxes are the best better than fox 4,s better than 96-98,s better than cobras, betterthan 05ups too???????
Comments please!!!!!!:rolleyes:

The prices of foxes has already started to jump pretty significantly over the last 2 or 3 years. I remember when I first started getting into them you could get such nice clean ones for about the same price that you get a ragged out one for now. I've got 2 right now and the only way they are going anywhere is when I give them to my kids. I may eventually get a newer Stang for a DD, but there will always be a fox in my driveway!