Fox 76 C&L on a 95?

whitesqual

Sep 3, 2008
Coeur D'alene, ID
I picked up a 76mil c&l maf and a set of 30lb injectors from a friend for cheap. I was looking at the c&l calibration tube chart and it shows the purple tube for the fox 76, which it has in it, and it shows that the 94-95 76 maf needs the brown tube for the 30lb injectors.

So my question is do I need the brown calibration tube because I have a 95, or is the purple one fine because its for a maf meant for a fox? What is the diference between the two meters? I did a search and only found that the fox and sn95 mafs are interchangeble but couldn't find any info about the c&l.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I picked up a 76mil c&l maf and a set of 30lb injectors from a friend for cheap. I was looking at the c&l calibration tube chart and it shows the purple tube for the fox 76, which it has in it, and it shows that the 94-95 76 maf needs the brown tube for the 30lb injectors.

So my question is do I need the brown calibration tube because I have a 95, or is the purple one fine because its for a maf meant for a fox? What is the diference between the two meters? I did a search and only found that the fox and sn95 mafs are interchangeble but couldn't find any info about the c&l.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

If you are going to get it call C&L for their recommendation , id guess you need the black one though

1994-1995 Mustang 5.0, 76mm Unit
Stock Injectors GT & Cobra .650 Tube (094)
GT 24lb and Cobra 30lb Black Tube (105)
GT 30lb and Cobra 36/38lb Brown Tube (095)
GT 36/38lb and Cobra 42lb Purple Tube (099)
GT 42lb Red Tube (103)

I did this and it will run if you use the correct sample tube. Mine was the 73mm C&L. I went back to the stocker fir a bit when I got the tweecerR/T since it is a 70mm unit and had better street manners. I now run a 98gt maf that is 80mm.

That said...

IMHO C&L is my last choice for a 94-95 maf upgrade. They will work...but they also have a larger margin of error or greater chance of error in having issues on our 94-95 specific models. I had idle issues and low speed bucking issues. The further away from stock the bigger chance of running into issues. This is not a 100% going to happen thing so just be aware.

The meter itself is the same, You will just need sample tube to match. I believe the tube bore size is little different...

I run C&L and it has been great. I never had idle issues and low speed bucking issues stated above...I guess it depends on the combo or if your car is in good running condition everything should be fine.

BUT i do believe it's true that the further away from stock the bigger chance of running into issues. I ran both 19lbs and 24lbs with this meter with no issues. just a thought. :)