Fox Bodies Rule!

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
I apologize in advance if this ends up sounding stupid but I just have to post this.
I freakin' love my Fox! There's just something about rolling old school in a clean Fox, running through the gears, and listening to the deep, throatie sound of a 5.0. There's nothing that sounds quit like it. I just feel totally cool. Even if my kids and wife just don't get it. The best part of my day is the commute to and from work. I spend hours out in the garage just tinkering and polishing. Sometimes I just stare out the window at it in the driveway. When I got married years ago, I gave up the cool cars in order to buy a house and pay bills. Now that I finally have my Fox, sometimes I still can't believe it's mine. Don't get me wrong, I like the newer Mustangs too, but I've wanted a Fox for years. Anyway....thanks :nice:

Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I hear ya. I just got mine back from paint and now hat it looks much better I'm getting thumbs up and nods from everyone around town. I've opened the garage door more than a few times over the past couple days just to look at it again.

My wife had a yard sale a few weeks ago and I pulled it around front out of the way and about an hour into the sale she came in the house and said I needed to put a sign on it that says it's not for sale. She said every guy that rolled up with their wives wanted to know what I wanted for it.:nice:

Reactions: 1 users
My wife makes fun of me too... I got my fox this summer and have been working on it a lot, and I had two of them when I was like 17-18 years old. My wife came out in the garage last week and I was just sitting in the car drinking a beer. She asked me what I was doing... I told her I was sitting in my time machine enjoying the memories.

Reactions: 1 user
My wife makes fun of me too... I got my fox this summer and have been working on it a lot, and I had two of them when I was like 17-18 years old. My wife came out in the garage last week and I was just sitting in the car drinking a beer. She asked me what I was doing... I told her I was sitting in my time machine enjoying the memories.

lol i can top that dont know why im postin this lol .......................well my wife has found me two different times in the car in the garage snoozin!

I haven't taken a nap in mine...yet.:)
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this disease.:nice:

You're not the only one. As stated above, it's called being a car nut. :nice:

I've done nearly the same as bird_dog...I'll often pull out a blue collapsible chair (from my college days) grab a beer, and just sit in the garage pointed towards my car. She'll come out of the house, just shake her head and laugh.

You're not the only one. As stated above, it's called being a car nut. :nice:

I've done nearly the same as bird_dog...I'll often pull out a blue collapsible chair (from my college days) grab a beer, and just sit in the garage pointed towards my car. She'll come out of the house, just shake her head and laugh.

I'm definitely a car nut. My Dad was a mechanic his whole life so I grew up around hot rod cars. Lot's of Mustangs over the years. He passed away from cancer this past January. He gave me his huge Snap On rolling tool chest full of tools. I've got a picture of him taped to the inside of the lid. He was a good guy. I miss the hell out of him.

I'm definitely a car nut. My Dad was a mechanic his whole life so I grew up around hot rod cars. Lot's of Mustangs over the years. He passed away from cancer this past January. He gave me his huge Snap On rolling tool chest full of tools. I've got a picture of him taped to the inside of the lid. He was a good guy. I miss the hell out of him.
My father was a mechanic as well I was basically a car nut at birth , I also like you have my fathers tools my father passed 13 years ago , I am now a diesel mechanic but in my tool box I have a Picture of my mother and him on there wedding day in the top box and yes everything that was mentioned I do with my car guess it's a fox thing !

I know what it's like to miss the hell out of mine I was 8 I am 21 now And wish he was here to see all my cars and what I made of life because of him and the passion we shared for cars !

My father was a mechanic as well I was basically a car nut at birth , I also like you have my fathers tools my father passed 13 years ago , I am now a diesel mechanic but in my tool box I have a Picture of my mother and him on there wedding day in the top box and yes everything that was mentioned I do with my car guess it's a fox thing !

I know what it's like to miss the hell out of mine I was 8 I am 21 now And wish he was here to see all my cars and what I made of life because of him and the passion we shared for cars !

Well, I didn't end up a mechanic but close, a mechanical engineer. I'm much older than you though. I'm 40 so I got a lot of good years with my dad. I suppose it will get easier with time. Thanks for sharing.:nice:

Well, I didn't end up a mechanic but close, a mechanical engineer. I'm much older than you though. I'm 40 so I got a lot of good years with my dad. I suppose it will get easier with time. Thanks for sharing.:nice:
Never easier , you just learn to cope , you also learn reflect on your best times ! Clean car btw !

After 4 years I bought a beater before the hurricane here , I registered it Tuesday and had the fox out Monday night and I miss it already ... Nothing like leaving work an rowing gears to relieve some stress