Fox Body Data Tag Decoder

KevinV

Jan 9, 2001
I've tried to search for one and no luck. One on mustanggt.com is dead. Another site worked but I couldn't find the decoder anywhere on it.

Is there a decoder site anywhere?

Otherwise I'd like to know what the below is.

Exterior - PD
Paint Colors - YJ
DSO - 56
Body - GT3
VR - blank
Mldg. - L
Int Trim - D6
Tape - blank
R - 5
S - blank
AX - M
TR - 2BOBB

Any help on a site or decoding the above would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

hey Guys, responding to an old thread here, but I am trying to find some info on production numbers for 93. I have a LX 5.0 5 Speed built in August of 93 which was the last month of production for the Foxbody, my car is black with a factory sunroof. I know there were 1915 black 5.0 LXs made in 93 and I know its not the last Fox made but tryin to find out how close it may be to being the last Black LX with the 5.0 5 speed sunroof options. Finding the sunroof numbers has been nearly impossible. Also I do know that going by the assembly number in my vin there were only 1417 Foxbodys made after mine but that includes 4 cylinder cars an all. So taking into consideration the options on m car, I know its down to with in the last 159 cars built. Just really need to find my production date to help narrow this down. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get any info available here?

Attachments

• Ole girl!.png
    Ole girl!.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
hey Guys, responding to an old thread here, but I am trying to find some info on production numbers for 93. I have a LX 5.0 5 Speed built in August of 93 which was the last month of production for the Foxbody, my car is black with a factory sunroof. I know there were 1915 black 5.0 LXs made in 93 and I know its not the last Fox made but tryin to find out how close it may be to being the last Black LX with the 5.0 5 speed sunroof options. Finding the sunroof numbers has been nearly impossible. Also I do know that going by the assembly number in my vin there were only 1417 Foxbodys made after mine but that includes 4 cylinder cars an all. So taking into consideration the options on m car, I know its down to with in the last 159 cars built. Just really need to find my production date to help narrow this down. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get any info available here?
You could always give a Marti report a try.

Been so long since l looked but l think the metal buck tag on the radiator core support might have the production date on it.

Been so long since l looked but l think the metal buck tag on the radiator core support might have the production date on it.

It doesn't. It's just build configuration/colors/trim/options and VIN number.

Only think on the car closest to the date would be the door sticker but only to the month.

OP, flip your glovebox down and look behind it. Quite often, a date is written on the back of the glovebox. It may be month and day.

Reactions: 2 users
1988+ buck tags do have a date on them but that is the scheduled build date. It is not necessarily the actual build date.

There is no way a Marti "report" is going to tell you what you're asking. You would need to pay for custom research. Call and ask if they can do it.

It doesn't. It's just build configuration/colors/trim/options and VIN number.

Only think on the car closest to the date would be the door sticker but only to the month.

OP, flip your glovebox down and look behind it. Quite often, a date is written on the back of the glovebox. It may be month and day.
Thanks, I will look there this afternoon>

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all. Was just reading this old thread and flipped my glovebox down as 5L5 stated which revealed a date of 5/16/1991.
My door sticker says 6/91 (no day). This is interesting.... Curious to see what the Marti Report says. Their deluxe report supposably provides several interesting dates. Looks like my build was in May and she was stamped and rolled out the assembly line door in June perhaps....
Anyway, thanks for more tips 5L5. That glovebox date is very interesting to me.
28570927-1815-4CB3-A945-A381276F8997.jpeg
AD90D83A-4685-4F3E-8FF9-A09A9BD17E98.png

Hey all. Was just reading this old thread and flipped my glovebox down as 5L5 stated which revealed a date of 5/16/1991.
My door sticker says 6/91 (no day). This is interesting.... Curious to see what the Marti Report says. Their deluxe report supposably provides several interesting dates. Looks like my build was in May and she was stamped and rolled out the assembly line door in June perhaps....
Anyway, thanks for more tips 5L5. That glovebox date is very interesting to me.
28570927-1815-4CB3-A945-A381276F8997.jpeg
AD90D83A-4685-4F3E-8FF9-A09A9BD17E98.png

If you get the deluxe Marti report, this is what it gives you for dates

My original glovebox is long gone so I can’t compare that number to it.

My door sticker says 2/88. My buck tag has JF 0210 on it (2/10/88)

4D9E43CA-309B-4D41-90CA-7FF33A8F00EC.jpeg

If you get the deluxe Marti report, this is what it gives you for dates

My original glovebox is long gone so I can’t compare that number to it.

My door sticker says 2/88. My buck tag has JF 0210 on it (2/10/88)

4D9E43CA-309B-4D41-90CA-7FF33A8F00EC.jpeg
Very cool info! Your car was build and released and sold fast! Nice! I Ordered the deluxe so it should be emailed in about a week or two. They send it via PDF now. Interested to see the dates.
Thanks for sharing this!

Very cool info! Your car was build and released and sold fast! Nice! I Ordered the deluxe so it should be emailed in about a week or two. They send it via PDF now. Interested to see the dates.
Thanks for sharing this!

I didn’t post the entire marti report, but my car was specifically ordered, vs being a dealer order. That’s why it sold so fast. Someone (nice lady named Barbara) was waiting for it.

If you look under “order type” it will say STOCK, RETAIL , or FLEET

I didn’t post the entire marti report, but my car was specifically ordered, vs being a dealer order. That’s why it sold so fast. Someone (nice lady named Barbara) was waiting for it.

If you look under “order type” it will say STOCK, RETAIL , or FLEET
Very cool!
Ok once mine arrives I will hit you up if there is anything I don’t understand that you may be able to clarify if you don’t mind. I love stuff like this.... I searched around as best as I could for the build sheet that could be hidden somewhere but no luck. That would have been really cool also.... Barbara would get a kick out of seeing her car again 30 years later... I often wonder where my 2 previous fox’s ended up. They have been gone since the early and mid-1990s.
Good stuff!

Barbara would be in her upper 80’s if she was still alive today. I thought about tracking her down but felt it wouldn’t be appropriate at this point.

We will see
That’s a Hard call to make. I get the part about feeling a little strange about tracking her down but on the other hand she may really get a kick out of seeing her car and can likely provide lots of stories about it for you and maybe photos and if your really lucky, maybe some paperwork. That’s if she’s alive and still sharp of Course. That’s great history, to us at least, but to others maybe not so i see where your coming from.... if I ever learned who my original owner was I’d have to say that I probably couldn’t resist maybe dropping them a letter seeing if they’re interested in chatting. Lol
Like ya said, we will see......