fox body p/s pump?

latamud

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Tampa, FL
Hi,

I'm converting to a serpentine pulley set up. Actuall, I'm swappng in fox body accessories, water pump, alt, and power steeing pump.
My question is for those who've already done this. What high pressure hose did you use? I have the old vintage hose, and it fits but not enough to get the flared end on the tube to seat tight enough. Actually, with the threads of the fitting bottomed out the flared tube will still move in and out about 1/2 inch. Thanks for replies.

• Sponsors (?)

You can probably have a custom hose made up using the fox body fitting and hard line and an early-style hose. Find a shop or parts store that has the equipment to crimp the hose ends on for you.

yeloxr7 said:
You can probably have a custom hose made up using the fox body fitting and hard line and an early-style hose. Find a shop or parts store that has the equipment to crimp the hose ends on for you.

That is how I did it. Save the high pressure hose that goes to the power steering pump (has an O ring on it) and brought to a heavy duty truck hydraulic shop who placed a high pressure hose between tthe two fittings I provided. I did this about 6 yrs ago and it cost me $45. for them to do.:nice:

Okay, here's what I tried. I was using an inverted flair coupling to seat the end of the hose to bottom out when threaded into. The other side was also a female inverted flair so I needed a section of 3/8 pipe threaded the same as the inverted flair and the fitting on the ps pump. No go, everything I found was NPT and it wouldn't work. What would have is if I used two 3/8 hard line brake fittings and had them welded together so they made a two ended male fitting. They are made of brass so welding was out for me.
The next idea was to find a used fox body hose, cut the ps pump end off, and do the same to the old hose end. Weld the newer ed to the older hose.
Here's what I did:
The new hose was $25. I could have found a used one but would have needed to wait a couple weeks. I was going to cut the big end off and use a compression fitting to mate it to the older hose. But last minute I thought to keep as much of the new stuff as possible. I cut the power ram side off of the new hose, and used a reducer compression fitting to mate that end to a length of brake line. $26 and I have new power steering pump high pressure line. It doesn't leak.