fox body saleen help

torch93

Aug 14, 2010
bakersfield c.a
hey guys, how we doing?. my buddy called me, which hates fords... im over it lol, and told me that when he was cleaning up a backyard he notice a mustang that looks like mine (red) but with stripes on the side of car and said salon? lol this guy.. anyways he went next door and asked some info about the car, turns out it belongs to a very very old lady. her husband bought it in 1992, she claims that she dont know too much about the car but all she does know is that her husband always talked about saleen this saleen that, and that it he bought that dam car instead of a house they were looking to buy! husband past away unfortunate, and she has no use for the car.. husband use to have it in the garage all they time, but now he is gone she moved it outside :jaw: because she had some furniture and china set thats more important!? anyways its for sale, she wants 1000 us dollars but, before i check this fox out, what do i look for to make sure its the real deal because im lost :shrug: lol
TIA
sorry for long thread

• Sponsors (?)

If you can get me the year, bumper number and the last three of the VIN I can verify it for you.

was not able to get a hold of her :nonono:, i did drove by and seen it in the back yard, its a front side view, does have the saleen front and wheels, car cover hides the rest :shrug:. im so curious so see whats the deal up close, might just be a clone or the real deal, .. will update soon as i find out, ill take pics :nice:

Id go as far to say that if it has the correct rims and other saleen specific parts but the car is a rust bucket the OP could buy it and part it out and come out ok on the deal.

I find it hard to beleive 1 of 17 1992 Saleens made is sitting in a backyard under a cover. Then again, it's possible.

Looking forward to pics to see if it's real or not. 1992 did not have a SC model, so it won't have fader stripes...just lower effects stripes.

Wythors it was a joke I know the original poster....

J, if its real its a helluva find :nice:

:rlaugh: hey rick how you been? never sent link for the that turbo project fox for ravens , and ya im hoping for the real deal! unfortunate, ive been working close to 18 hrs every day and was not able to meet with the lady, ive been keeping in contact by phone and is going to be leaving state for couple of weeks to visit fam. either way for that price, real or not its a good buy, for sure has the saleen front and wheels.
will try to stay up to date :nice:

p.s you never know though, a buddy, before i met him of course, sold his dads " old ugly ford car" 1967 shelby gt 500 for 1500!!! :eek: ya he didnt know at the time, met me and now he cries every time he thinks about it .

Hey guys thought I bring this back up to update.. I was involved in a car accident, a stupid Honda hatch and a integra were "racing" I guess and as I was chinging lanes I saw one trying to zigzag through traffic, lost control and clip the side of two other cars, one being me, and went off the freeway ! Anyways, sorry guys for lagging it, after all the court stuff was over, I went to check out that house and saw that what looked like a saleen in the driveway. I knocked on the door and the son of that lady open the door and explain that he was in Iraq and it was his project car that his dad left for him. And pretty much told me it's not for sale.
P.s it was a normal gt and he was trying to convert into saleen.. I think It was still worth 1200 that the lady was askin haha..
Again sorry guys for no update

sounds to me that the Racing Ricer munson'd the lane change, good to see your alright. Even though the car didn't turn out to be what ya thought sometimes you still have to run things like that down.