Fox body vert questions.

If everything goes right in the next week or so ill be picking up a fox body vert,but i had some questions.

Does anyone make a rear seat delete kit for them? OR has someone made thier own and has pics?

To those of you with vert and sounds systems. Where are your subs mounted and if they are mounted in the truck does the bass engine make in into the car? How about with the top down....just wondering.

The one im looking at is a automatic. IM considering going to 4.10 gears and then eventually a 2600rpm or so Stall conv. Only this that around here our highway crusing speed is about 80mph. Anyone with that kind of set-up what kinda rpm are you spinning on the highway?

Anyone tried 94 and up Stang gt seats in a fox body vert. If so how was the height comparison. Im about 6'3" and dont wanna be looking over the roof while driving.

I guess thats all for now, but im sure i will think of more.

Thanks folks,
Vince:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

If everything goes right in the next week or so ill be picking up a fox body vert,but i had some questions.

Does anyone make a rear seat delete kit for them? OR has someone made thier own and has pics?

To those of you with vert and sounds systems. Where are your subs mounted and if they are mounted in the truck does the bass engine make in into the car? How about with the top down....just wondering.

The one im looking at is a automatic. IM considering going to 4.10 gears and then eventually a 2600rpm or so Stall conv. Only this that around here our highway crusing speed is about 80mph. Anyone with that kind of set-up what kinda rpm are you spinning on the highway?

Anyone tried 94 and up Stang gt seats in a fox body vert. If so how was the height comparison. Im about 6'3" and dont wanna be looking over the roof while driving.

I guess thats all for now, but im sure i will think of more.

Thanks folks,
Vince:flag:

YES to the rear seat delete...they do make them but i think the look funny when you have the top down.

with a vert you will lose a little bass but you will still have it if you get a nice sub

you would be turning around 3,500 at 80mph in overdrive.

sn95 seats will sit about a inch higher i believe?

I ran two 10" subs in the spare tire well facing up and they sounded pretty bad. I took them out. I would think a rear facing sub box would do a bit better, but not much room will be left after leaving space for the top coming down.

3.73s in my car which is 5spd are great.

he is looking at an auto which has a different final gear ratio. with 3.73 I am reaching 300k at 75mph with an auto. of course wheel and tire size will also play a huge factor. I have a 25.5 diameter which is fairly close to stock.anything over or under stock size will play a huge part in what his rpms will be.

he is looking at an auto which has a different final gear ratio. with 3.73 I am reaching 300k at 75mph with an auto. of course wheel and tire size will also play a huge factor. I have a 25.5 diameter which is fairly close to stock.anything over or under stock size will play a huge part in what his rpms will be.

ok dude why do you think i said 3,500....i know it depends on tire size.

My 93 with 4.10s and and AOD with no OD turns 4k at 70mph in Drive. It has been so long since I actually had OD that I can't remember what it turned in OD at 80. And that is on a set of 255/50/16" tires.

The rear vert seats are the same as the coupe...which they make a rear seat delete...so it should work in the vert...right?

i have the rear seats out of my vert right now, but no seat delete kit...it looks odd and bony.

Well I found a delete kit.

http://www.customrearseatdelete.com/catalog_details/ID/71/

And my reason for asking about the kit is no one will EVER sit back there...and ima big dude so im also considering a custom seat track to move the seat back a lil further for more leg room. Also thats where i would like to put the subs. If i get it ill be running two 12's in there driven by at least 700 watts. Its not the optimum placement for bass but it would be better than puttin in the trunk.

I did think of a second question though....does anyone know who makes the covers that cover up the top when its in the down position...i hate the way the top looks just folded up like that and really really want that tonnue cover.

Something to consider safety-wise on the rear seat delete...

I've got an '89 GT 'vert. I took the seats out to get upholstered last week, and noticed the back side of the top of the rear seat has a metal backing to it. Took me a bit to figure out, but I believe this was a crude try by Ford at making the seatback into a bulkhead. If you think about it, with the rear seat out, only the well liner separates the interior from the trunk. If you were to get rear-ended and it split the fuel tank, gas could come splashing right in at you - not good. Even the rear seat deletes I've seen are fiberboard and wouldn't offer much in the way of protection, since they'd probably pop right out. If you were going to do a delete, I'd use a sheet of aluminum to craft a bulkhead and secure that in place, then velcro the delete onto that.

Jerry