Fox Fox Draglites 15x6 - Which Backspacing?

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by TexasFireman, Sep 28, 2013.

1. I've looked at quite a few threads and found that everyone is running 15x6 with 3.5" backspacing on Fox Mustangs on the front. One reason is because that was all that was available in 4-lug.

I'm going to be buying 5-lug because of my 95 spindles. In 5-lug Draglites they offer 2.5", 3.5", or 4.5" backspacing. Is 3.5" still the one I need to buy?

Also trying to decide on a tire size. Daily driver car with no track time. Thats why I'm getting rid of the 4-lug 15x3.5 draglites I have on there.

Any info and/or pictures would be great!

8e216d5f-1e9a-40d9-b6e3-672a3412bda6.jpg

2. Are you still going to use weld draglites after converting to 5 lug? IMO there are a ton more options that look better. But each there own

3. I'm ordering 17" Pony R's for it. I have the draglites for sale but if they don't sell I'll keep them too.

Anyone know the answer to the backspacing question?

4. Stick with what you know works.. If it aint broke dont fix it.

5. Its not a question of whats broke or not. With the 4-lug there was no option for backspacing. With the 5-lug there are three different choices. So there may be one that works better. Just curious what backspacing others were running with a 6 inch wheel.

6. I understand that what i meant was if the backspacing on the 4 lug works why take the chance with anything else. And by works better how could it work anybetter.. I have the 4 lug they dont stick out, rub, or scrub.. So i would say its perfect

7. Have any pictures of your setup?

8. Billy,

It just clicked in my head, but I've got something similar on my car, I could measure when I get home tonight. Do you still have (or ever get) my number so you can call me and remind me?

9. I dont think I ever had your number. What do you have on the car now? I cant remember.

10. They're billet Centerlines, but off the top of my head I can't remember the width. They might be 6" wide. If so, Ill measure the BS.