Fox is finally back after 6 months....pics

Dr. Wu 2000

Feb 16, 2004
Eastern, Pa.
Well I finally got my 1993 LX back after 6 months...what an ordeal. The car was purchased from someone who is a member of the same car club I belong to (MACA.. and I believe is/was a member on here also) and I paid a lot of $ for it...well with that being said I found out after the fact that some of the mods he said were done to the car were not there and it had a ton of problems to boot, all found out after I took delivery of the car. I am not going to go bashing the guy even though it should be done but to all of you younger guys out there and those new to the scene make sure you do your homework before dropping a lot of cash on a car because what you get may not be what you paid for.:( I learned a hard lesson but am better for it and the car is solid now and running strong. Big thanx to Jason Roth (trbovnm) over on SVTPerformance.com for all the hard work he did on the car, going above and beyond what was really needed to make sure it was running the way it should and explained everything to me about what he found and what was needed. Also Mike (Fishtail) who helped also and gave me a lot of knowledge and really told me what was up with this thing....he also gave me an oil pan for free to boot. It is nice to have friends who are honest and you can count on to do a good job. Enough of the rant, here are some new pics.

View attachment 377025

View attachment 377026

View attachment 377027

View attachment 377028

View attachment 377029

View attachment 377030

View attachment 377031

View attachment 377032

View attachment 377033

View attachment 377034

• Sponsors (?)

Appreciate all the kind words fella's..means a lot after all I have been thru with this. As far as what was wrong with it...well I really don't want to get too much into it but it needed alot of stuff. It was leaking oil everywhere, the wiring was a disaster that I did not know about before hand because it was covered up with a polished bracket in all the pics, plus about $1K+ in other repairs that was needed...not including labor which I got a break on cause Jason felt bad for me. Just a teaser here is what the wiring looked like after I removed that pretty bracket.....ugh.:(

bracket:nice:

View attachment 376987

no bracket:notnice:

View attachment 376988

details on the HCI please :nice:

Mod list:

Engine:

-302/ Balanced & Blueprinted/ New FRPP Cobra Shortblock
-Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads (light porting)
-Trick Flow Track Heat Intake (polished)
-Trick Flow Hardened Pushrods
-1.6 FRPP Roller Rockers
-FRPP F-Cam (303)
-FRPP Lifters
-Ford Racing Oil Breather
-24# Injectors, Granatelli 76mm MAF, Kirban Adjustable FP Regulator
-Edelbrock 70mm TB & Spacer (polished)
-C&L TrueFlow Intake Tube (polished) / K&N 9" Filter
-March Underdrive Pullies, March Polished Pully Covers & Alt. Fan/ Polished Stock Tensioner w/ UPR Billit Idler Pully
-140 Amp Powermaster Alternator (1 wire)
-MSD 6a, MSD Cap & Rotor, FRPP 9mm Ignition Wires
-Accell Ignition Module, MSD Coil
-Electric Fan From '98 Taurus V-6
-Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump (in tank)
-New Oil Pan/Head/Intake Gaskets
-New Motor Mounts
-ARP Bolts Everywhere
-FRPP 4 Core Aluminum Radiator
-Griffen Radiator Cap
-160* Thermostat

Exhaust:

-BBK Shorty Equal Lengths Headers
-MAC O/R H-pipe
-MAC Cat-Back

Suspension:

-Steeda Sport Springs
-Tokiko Illumina 5 Way Adjustable Struts & Shocks
-Steeda Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
-Metco Solid Rear Upper Control Arms
-Steeda Front & Rear Sway bars w/ New Bushings & Endlinks
-MM Full Length Subframe Connectors with X-braces
-RNH Racing Upper/ Lower Torque Box Reinforcement Kit
-MAC Camber Plates
-New Spring Isolators
-'94 Mustang Spindles
-'94 Mustang Ball Joints
-Stainless Steel Brake Lines
-Powerstop X-Drilled 13" Front Rotors
-Bullit Mustang Twin Piston PBR Callipers w/ Hawk Pads
-ALL bushings have been replaced

Drivetrain:

-T5 (Rebuilt by Liberty)
-FRPP King Cobra Clutch (flywheel turned)
-Pro 5.0 Shifter w UPR Trick Stick & MGW Composite Race Knob
-FRPP Clutch Cable/ Steeda Clutch Quadrant/ UPR Micro Click Firewall Adjuster
-FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft
-3.73 Gears
-FRPP 31 Spline Differencial
-Superior 31 Spline Axles (5 lug)
-MAC Rear Stud Girdle

Interior:

-2003 Cobra Seats
-New Black Carpet Throughout
-Custom Rear Seat Delete
-'89 GT Door Panels
-MAC White Faced Gauge Cluster
-AutoMeter Gauge Cage w/ Phantom Oil & Water
-AutoMeter Phantom Monster Tach w/ Shift Light
-CowlGaugeConcepts w/Auto Meter Phantom Volt & Feul Pressure Gauges
-Steeda Billit Pedals
-Sony CD Deck with 10 Disc Sony Changer/Kenwood 380 Watt Amp/Polk Speakers

Exterior:

-2001 Cobra-Style Wheels
-New 6 piece Clear Headlights
-IST Hood Lifters

I was thinking of doing a coustom bracket up to hide all the wires but that looks amazing, yes please if yea know where he got it from that would be great and if its fabbed up i might have to attempt this my self. Cheers !

ehh

Wiring doesnt look that bad just needs straightning up..Few zip ties and what not.. anytime you add MSD to the mix you add a **** ton of useless stuff. I would have ditched the MSD personally ford has really good electronics to tart with and you could have made some money off the parts. As far as the oil leaks how bad were they? Most fords leak, either front of oil pan or powersteering pump..It fords built in anti rust prevention..:D Nice car and good luck with it.. Love the 03 cobra seats BTW..

Wiring doesnt look that bad just needs straightning up..Few zip ties and what not.. anytime you add MSD to the mix you add a **** ton of useless stuff. I would have ditched the MSD personally ford has really good electronics to tart with and you could have made some money off the parts. As far as the oil leaks how bad were they? Most fords leak, either front of oil pan or powersteering pump..It fords built in anti rust prevention..:D Nice car and good luck with it.. Love the 03 cobra seats BTW..

It was not just the rats nest of wires...it was nothing fused and lots of extra wire going to nothing, very hard to trace out. MSD stuff was already there so why mess with it. Oil pan gasket was leaking and the head gaskets were seaping, all needed to be changed to new. ...how did you know the power steering pump needed to be replaced??? Good call..... I could list all the rest of the stuff but not enough room to fit it all.:( I also like the cobra seats....atleast they worked.