Fox Vs. SN95 A-Arms... Tube K Member Questions

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Ok well since my car should be getting ready for the road soon there is questions i need to start answering. Currently i have a Qa-1 tubular k member. As per QA-1 instructions i clearanced the stock A arms. However it seems my camber is all out of whack my tires are like / \ i have camber caster plates but from the way it looks even if i max it out it seems like it wont make a difference.

Are the fox a arms shorter???
What about the ball joints and mounting points for the sway bar???
What about the tie rod ends???

Would it be easier to buy a new k member??
Buy the PA racing A arms with spring cups??
If i bought these a arms would i have to buy the fox or SN95 version???

I DO NOT WANT COIL OVERS! they are not an option

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I think QA1 sells A-arms that have spring buckets in them. I would put Fox control arms in. I believe everything will line up. It will also tuck the front wheels in a little more, which makes the front/rear track look more natural.

Kurt

I think QA1 sells A-arms that have spring buckets in them. I would put Fox control arms in. I believe everything will line up. It will also tuck the front wheels in a little more, which makes the front/rear track look more natural.

Kurt

Qa1 doesnt sell them and they were not the nicest people to speak to on the phone... so much as ill never own another one of their products. Would not help me out because i didnt want to purchase their a arms, coil overs, and CC plates.

They Stated i had a miss matched suspension and its my problem not theirs... I stated that i have stock A arms which it states you can use with their k member as well as HP blue struts which are just a stock replacement. They basically said that in order to get any help i needed to buy their full kit. I asked if they had a arms with spring cups. The response was "why do you need them just buy our coil over kit." I said that the car will see street on the weekend and i want a stock style suspension with no coil overs. They said their k member is not for street use and we can offer you no help.:notnice:

I thought that it was pretty rude. Considering i was just asking if anyone else has had this problem and was switching to fox arms the fix. I bet AJE or Team Z would of given me good feed back. If i had the $$$ id go buy a Team Z unit.:nice:

give them a call, maybe they can still help even if you don't buy their stuff just don't tell them that right away :nice:

Like i said i called them and they were rude. I think i got the answer to my question on the other board im on from mark at racecraft.

"Here is something you can check, measure the distance between the front a-arm bolts on the QA1 k-member and the same measurement on your stock k-member. On a stock Mustang this measurement is 23.75" for a fox and 23.25" on an SN95.

Some manufactures of K-members make all of their K-members 23.75" which would push your wheels out and create your situation."

My response was:
"This is exactly where i think my problem lies. I dont have a stock k member anymore but ill use your measurement. Ill measure it when i get to the garage tomorrow as well as adjust the CC plates and see if it helps.

I think my problem is exacerbated by the sportline springs i run. my car sits very very low. So i think the added .5'' and the lower stance has caused this Ill see what i can get out of the CC's tomorrow

I guess if the measurement of the k member is 25.75 it would be to my advantage to switch out to the fox a arms so even though the fox a arms are only 1'' shorter i would only be seeing .5'' shorter over stock. Just gotta figure out how to do the tie rod ends and sway bar.

thanks guys,
Adam "

You can buy camber bolts for our cars. They replace the top strut bolt and give you some more camber. I have to use them on my 94 Cobra with the 03 Cobra a-arms, and the c/c plates are as far out as possible.

You can get a set here, but you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

i have a full qa1 front suspension, it was bolted onto my car and towed across town...it still sits in my driveway never been used with a full maximum motorsports suspension at my mechanics place...i wish i had never bought it, i was recently informed how dangerous the qa1 k member would be to drive on the street or under hard cornering...

You will be fine just dont do anything stupid. :nice:

You can buy camber bolts for our cars. They replace the top strut bolt and give you some more camber. I have to use them on my 94 Cobra with the 03 Cobra a-arms, and the c/c plates are as far out as possible.

You can get a set here, but you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

+2 I was going to suggest that. I did that on my old teal stang. You can get them at NAPA they are like $10 each and you only need 2.