Foxbody Fuel Rail Feed/return Questions

Thanks for the info! I'm struggling to find brake caliper specs for a 94-95 GT/V6. On LMR the kit to rebuild OE GT/V6 calipers has provisions for 4 Pistons, I'd assume 2 per caliper. So are the 94-95 OE calipers 2 piston or did they come with single piston? Also, I read a few articles in the rear where you can modify the stock brackets, flip sides and mount inboard. Is that a safe way to make the stock brackets work?

I'm not totally sure on the fronts with v6 or gt, I'd say they are two pistons per side, what I don't think they will do is work with 13in rotors like the good calipers do. On top of that, they are just plain old ugly. If you stick with the gt/v6 fronts, I'll bet you land up doing it twice to get the 13's.

I've seen the guys cut and flip the brackets. I have no experience with it.
Would I do it? No. But that doesn't mean it's wrong or unsafe, I just don't like the idea of cutting a brake bracket.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

94-98 GT/v6 calipers are 1 piston, 66mm. 10.9" rotors.

Rear brakes are 10", 38mm piston on all 94-04 GT/v6

Going rate for spindles these days is about $200. I wouldn't waste a dime on 94-98 GT brakes and instead pick up 99-04 GT/v6 dual piston calipers. Same 10.9" rotor, but a larger, 2 piston caliper.

Or get cobra brakes. But those are pricer

Out back, either use the stock brackets with 94-98 5lug axles, or buy the north race car brackets with stock lengyt 5 lug axles, or perform the stock axle mod onto cut them and locate them inboard.

As for MC selection..

94-98 GT/v6 brakes = 94-95 GT/v6 mc

99-04 GT/v6 brakes = 1993 cobra 1" mc

If you narrow down what direction you go in, I can provide more specific info

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Get the front spindles and grab calipers for a 99-04 dual piston. They bolt on the 94 spindle. The rear is up to you....to avoid tire fitment issues I'd go with stock length axles.

I've run multiple brake set ups but the best has been 04 cobra front and rear- 93 booster master cylinder and adj. proportioning valve.

On my current car I have the cobra set up on 94 spindles and IRS rear. The booster is 93 cobra but the master cylinder is from a 99 and so is the prop valve. Haven't driven it yet so I can't say how good or bad it is.

Dependable stopping is very important for these cars. Once you heat the brakes up by hard stopping a few times the brakes fade to hell. I can recall more than once where my size 12 couldn't even lock my brakes up. Those days are far behind me now.

Power is nice but, if the car can't control it safe, its useless.

Ok, I found 94 spindles from a salvage yard for $70, and am looking at the North Racecars fox big brake kit for front. That way I'm getting something safe for rotors and calipers instead of a salvage yard part. The same salvage yard is getting me the whole rear brake setup off an 03 for $50. I found rotors and pads for $60 online. Am I headed in the right direction? Also, found a 93 cobra MC for $60 online.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd say you are headed in the right direction, what is your plan for rear axles?
Fox length is a sure thing, you can always add spacers if necessary, if you go 94+ they are wider and there is no fixing it if the wheels stick out.

Master cylinder selection is completely dependent on total brake package. They are sized in proportion to the slave cylinders (caliper Pistons) so depending on what you get for front calipers, the 93 cobra mc may or may not be ideal.

Also, skip the 99-04 axles. They are way too wide for you due to ford widening the axle on the 99+

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I was planning to buy fox length 5 lug axles with the sn95 hub. I'm well into not know territory but from what I've read sounds like the right move. Any good links on here for setting up the front as far as Coilover shims, caster/camber, etc?

Thank you. Does anyone have insight on the fuel routing example I used in my initial post?
My insight is to leave the stock rails in place. You're over complicating things. I had similar concerns and brought the same question up to one of our Vortech Aficionado's @84Ttop and he set my mind at east, claiming the stock rails were sufficient to well over 500rwhp. Get yourself a good pump like a GSS340BX (255lph high pressure) and a set of 42lb/hr injectors or larger (I'd recommend a set of Siemens 60 or 80lb units) and don't give it another thought.

These will work with a stock '91 rail and harness?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    797.8 KB · Views: 117
My insight is to leave the stock rails in place. You're over complicating things. I had similar concerns and brought the same question up to one of our Vortech Aficionado's @84Ttop and he set my mind at east, claiming the stock rails were sufficient to well over 500rwhp. Get yourself a good pump like a GSS340BX (255lph high pressure) and a set of 42lb/hr injectors or larger (I'd recommend a set of Siemens 60 or 80lb units) and don't give it another thought.
^^^ This exactly, stock rails / GSS340 pump and 60lb injectors and you'll be good to destroy the stock block all day long :nice:

I was planning to buy fox length 5 lug axles with the sn95 hub. I'm well into not know territory but from what I've read sounds like the right move. Any good links on here for setting up the front as far as Coilover shims, caster/camber, etc?
I have 94/95 spindles with SN95 ball joints, 04 Cobra 13" rotors and caplipers, Cobra 11.65" rear brake setup (with IRS), all Maximum Motorsports SS brake lines front and rear, FRPP prop valve, stock prop deleted completely, 93 Cobra MC and 93 Cobra booster (elongate those holes brah!!). Brakes are a night and day improvement I kid you not! I also have Maximum Motorsports (MM) coilovers up front and J&M cc plates and adjustable Tokico struts.
IMG_0609.JPG

I have 94/95 spindles with SN95 ball joints, 04 Cobra 13" rotors and caplipers, Cobra 11.65" rear brake setup (with IRS), all Maximum Motorsports SS brake lines front and rear, FRPP prop valve, stock prop deleted completely, 93 Cobra MC and 93 Cobra booster (elongate those holes brah!!). Brakes are a night and day improvement I kid you not! I also have Maximum Motorsports (MM) coilovers up front and J&M cc plates and adjustable Tokico struts.
IMG_0609.JPG
Great looking car! This makes me miss my 91 LX that I daily drove 15 years ago :(

Ok, first, I am a supreme moron for not checking but I drove 2 hrs, got the spindles home and they're 96-04. Is it really that big of a deal or can I make these work? I bought a tubular K member a while back that requires coilovers so I'm not dealing with a stock one. Is that enough info for you to make a suggestion?

Ok, first, I am a supreme moron for not checking but I drove 2 hrs, gimot the spindles home and they're 96-04. Is it really that big of a deal or can I make these work? I bought a tubular K member a while back that requires coilovers so I'm not dealing with a stock one. Is that enough info for you to make a suggestion?

IMO you will have a difficult time getting the bumpsteer correct with those spindles.

'96-'04 spindles will also cause you front wheels to stick out slightly further than stock. Not a big deal if you're running a 7-8" wide rim up front....but a 9" or larger is going to look a little funny. I've got 9" wide wheels on the front of mine with the stock spindles and I wish like hell I'd stayed with an 8".