Engine Foxbody Turbo Build

Morgan mcleroy

Jun 14, 2015
Planning my foxbody turbo build, just looking for some input. Here my parts list
-stock foxbody short block
·apr rod,main, and head studs
·new bearings
·full gasket kit
·new piston rings
·new water and oil pump
-explorer top end
·aftermarket spring
· 70mm sct maf
- fuel system
·aeromotive 340LPH
·60lbs ford ev6 injectors
·stock fuel rail
·100Psi fuel pressure regulator
- aftermarket clutch
-As for the turbo I'm going with the on3performance kit. I've made my mind up on that.
-I'm gonna be using triple x motorsports in Pensacola fl
Is there anything that I'm missing?
I want be starting the actual build till August because I'm currently on a tdy deploy

• Sponsors (?)

RJS-3T-Jack-Stand.png

Reactions: 1 users
I'd use ev1 42's, a calibrated pro m maf and a vortech s trim.
Less headaches, better quality, better support.
On a low level engine, turbo's just aren't worth the trouble or effort.

I'd disagree that it turbo's not worth the effort. It's worth every bit of the effort, an entirely different animal from a supercharged car. But to each his own. :)

But I would agree you'll probably be happier with 42lb injectors. The matched MAF won't be enough by itself, you'll have driveability problems and boost enrichment won't be enough, so plan for a tune and a piggy-back chip, and someone to tune it (or yourself). Other than that you'll get most of what you need from on3, minus some odds and ends no doubt.

The 42lb injectors will support all the horsepower a stock block can handle with reasonably well-mannered driveability. To get to what 60 will support, you'll need an aftermarket block. I wouldn't worry too much about the ARP hardware either, the block will give before the pistons for sure, though preventing head gasket blowouts is nice.

A few things notably missing are a stronger ignition (a stronger coil with down-gapped plugs should do the trick), and figuring out what you're going to do about the EGR / Air Pump removal (sorry I don't know if needed on a Fox as I'm SN95). You'll also need to do something about the PCV system.

Along with your stronger clutch, make sure the u-joints are in good shape, and it doesn't hurt to strengthen the torque boxes to keep the rear end where it belongs. Maybe some subframe connectors and a safety loop too, along with some big rubber to put all that torque to the ground.

I'm going with 60s because I'm gonna get an aftermarket block within the next year or so. Thanks for the info. I'm getting the tune done by triple x motorsports
Awesome, then definitely think about toughening up the rest of the drivetrain at some point, if you haven't already done so. That kind of power can easily wreck a T5 and cause the rear end to exit the rear of the car, among other things.

If you h
I thought about going that way but I've always wanted to turbo one. Now that I have the money, I wanna complete what ive been wanting too do for a while.

Be careful with what you think is enough money.
The base on3 doesn't exactly come with high quality parts. Plenty of talk and conversations around here, I don't want to completely destroy your thread, so do some research and reading before breaking out your credit card, i'm guessing this hasn't turned into a crap show because you didn't use the on3 name in the title.
You really do get what you pay for, so if you are hell bent on a turbo, i'd buy a hellion kit.
Money is going to start flying out the window and if the shop you are having do the work has to fix or modify the kit, the price will go up quickly.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't see the post about doing a race block build in another year.
My advice before you starting spending, would be to make sure this plan is really what you want to do and that you understand how long and how much money it takes to build a car that reliably and safely exceeds 500rwhp (i'd estimate 20 grand in parts alone).
Doing the setup twice in one year sounds kinda insane to me especially using a turbo literally known for coming apart at the seams.

I think there are betting ways to go about this.

Last edited:
On3 turbo is about as far as I needed to read

Vortech my friend. Spend more time driving than fixing the car.

It''s your money.

@Boosted92LX

Turbo is ok if you do it right the first time. By that I mean buy quality parts from someone that will back up their product. On3 does not remotely fit that description, I have firsthand experience with them, and all of that junk has failed except the piping on my car.. Some knuckle heads here will argue about that until they are blue in the face, but don't take my word for it, take the nine million other pissed of people who spent their hard earned money on junk from a thief.

Click> Google