Foxes w/LS1 WTF!

• Sponsors (?)

I just don't understand why you would mix brands. Like someone said before the Mustang is Ford's flag vehicle and an American Icon. When people think of mustangs they think of fox's with 302's and 351's and the Boss Cars and such not some abomination like an LS1 Fox. You can make just as much power with a Ford as you can a chevy and I don't see how it's easier with a chevy either. I also think it's funny how chevy guy's trash Ford yet most of them run things like 9-inch rears and love Fox-Bodies . And plus I can guarantee if someone put a Ford Motor in camaro it would be looked down upon , but a chevy powered 'stang is praised by many people. I just don't see the point you want a chevy motor stick with a GM car it's not that hard . Although I would love to get back at the chevy boy's and take a '69 camaro paint it Ford Blue with a worked 351 stroker and have custom vainty plates that read "traitor" for payback.

Ya know, at least something i can respect about import people is that they stick to their guns. You'd never see a Honda guy talking about how he'd love to put an LSX engine in his Honda. They're the underdog and they stick to their guns and get by just fine. On one hand i can respect a good engine and i can even respect the hotrod mentality of going fast no matter what it takes, but i have little respect for a person who swaps in a Chevy engine just because it's easier and cheaper than building a Ford engine to run just as strong. I'm sure that's perfectly fine for some, it just doesn't do anything for me.

I think the Stangbangerz Pinks car is a good example of what a Ford small block is capable of, and i'd hardly call it unrealistic for the average Joe to build.

When I was a kid and got into classic cars it was still pretty much Ford vs GM in the performance market. I hated seeing 350s in t buckets and other Ford hotrods, still don't like it.

the LSX series motors are excellent motors, make a bunch of power and should not be taken lightly but they belong in GM vehicles. When I see an LS1 powered Mustang at the track the first thing though that I have is "Couldn't build a motor so ya just swapped one in" and I just walk on by. Its their time and their dime but it really doesn't impress me. I have seen plenty of 302/351 based cars that are as fast and plenty that are faster.

So if you like it great but its not my cup of tea.

Man, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of this one lately.....

ls1tard.jpg

Hey i'll openly admit that stock vs. stock they're far superior to anything Ford ever made...but i still don't like it. It doesn't have as much to do with being a Ford fanboy or whatever as it does just not liking cross breed cars. I wouldn't want a Ford engine in a Chevy either even though i joked about it.

There was a Fox on Pinks tonight that had a chevy motor in it. He was racing a Honda so I was still pulling for the fox. Was still American Muscle VS the Import. I still dont like to see chevy motors in Fords though.

Ya know, at least something i can respect about import people is that they stick to their guns. You'd never see a Honda guy talking about how he'd love to put an LSX engine in his Honda. They're the underdog and they stick to their guns and get by just fine. .

If only that were true :nonono:
civeete.jpg

It's because the fox body is the best looking car of them all. Who would want to drive a 3rd or a 4th GEN?????????????????????????????????????????/

I am with you on that! Next to the mustang II the fox body has to be ugliest mustang ever created! I would love to put my 351 in a 99 to 04 body.
I might be mistaken but; I don't think this is the point SVT32VDOHC was trying to make. lol

You have to remember that this is Pinks that we are talking about. There is a chance your gonna loose it so build it cheap. Most of those guys have shops anyways. So if there is a totaled camaro and a 4 banger fox in the yard someone says "Hey lets build a pinks car". Hell i even saw a S-10 pickup with a 351w in it on that show. Its all about speed on the cheap. You guys are all ranting about the swap. How do you think the guy would feel if he won the car. Now he has to try and sell a ford with a chevy motor in it and i don't think too many people on this site would be interested.

I am with you on that! Next to the mustang II the fox body has to be ugliest mustang ever created! I would love to put my 351 in a 99 to 04 body.

I beg to differ... This is the sweetest mustang I have seen next to the old school 60s ones....

When I have an extra 15 grand lying around I promise b4 my life is over I'll build a clone but with ttops and a 5 lug swap and rear disks

saleenorangedq9.jpg

Hey i'll openly admit that stock vs. stock they're far superior to anything Ford ever made...but i still don't like it.
Then you'd be kidding yourself and doing so for nothing. They're a tough, well built engine, but by no stretch of the imagination are they a spectacular marvel of modern engineering and by no means should be considered "superior" as a result.

Then you'd be kidding yourself and doing so for nothing. They're a tough, well built engine, but by no stretch of the imagination are they a spectacular marvel of modern engineering and by no means should be considered "superior" as a result.

+1000, Ford has had some killer engines since the LS1. 96 Cobras 4.6 kills LT1s so F bodies got LS1s (not saying that was the only or primary reason) then the 5.4 2000 Cobra R has an engine any Blue Oval guy would give a left nut for. Then in 03 when the 4.6 got blown it had no problem beating LS1 and a intake could make it beat a LS6 with a fair driver. Then we got the GT 5.4 S/C that I would pick over ANY GM engine. Not to mention the Lightning/Harley engine or the GT 500 engine. Ford makes nice engines that are superior, power wise, to a LS. How many street LS1 Camaros do you see running 700 rwhp on stock displacement even with a S/C? Termis 4.6 can do it with no problem and 600 rwhp is now the norm :shrug:

Do you guys think that Ford engineered EVERY part in every car its made? Sorry to break it to you, but your beloved Fords are mutts. Just like every other car, get over yourselves, its just an engine. Its cheap, damned reliable and makes amazing power.

If you wanna spend more money on a inferior performing engine, go ahead. Ill go with a less expensive motor that does everything better. 30+MPG on the freeway with 450+HP on tap, thats pretty damned impressive. Dont even get me started on boosted LSx based motors. Talk about cheap power.

Do you guys think that Ford engineered EVERY part in every car its made? Sorry to break it to you, but your beloved Fords are mutts. Just like every other car, get over yourselves, its just an engine. Its cheap, damned reliable and makes amazing power.

If you wanna spend more money on a inferior performing engine, go ahead. Ill go with a less expensive motor that does everything better. 30+MPG on the freeway with 450+HP on tap, thats pretty damned impressive. Dont even get me started on boosted LSx based motors. Talk about cheap power.

ABSOLUTELY!! What, with the high compression ratios just give er 10 lbs and watch the show!! dont get you started on boosted motors...:nonono:

It takes some costly work and then you have negated the cost effective statement you have made.

Well, it'll be interesting to see if this thread flames on for 5-6 pages like that supra thread did...

A wise old man once told me "True Ford guys will build only Ford stuff. True Mopar guys will build only Mopar stuff. Anybody else is a Chevy guy."

:D