Foxes w/LS1 WTF!

If you wanna spend more money on a inferior performing engine, go ahead. Ill go with a less expensive motor that does everything better. 30+MPG on the freeway with 450+HP on tap, thats pretty damned impressive. Dont even get me started on boosted LSx based motors. Talk about cheap power.

You're kidding yourself if you think you're gonna cruise around and get 30mpg. By the time you add gears and boost you can forget it unless you drive like you're elderly.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you guys think that Ford engineered EVERY part in every car its made? Sorry to break it to you, but your beloved Fords are mutts. Just like every other car, get over yourselves, its just an engine. Its cheap, damned reliable and makes amazing power.
You are the one who needs to be getting over himself. We have our preference just like anyone else. You don't have to agree but don't start talking to people like your s*** don't stink.

I know Ford dosent design every aspect of their engines and MANY other parts, Lotus designed the engine in the last SHO and Yamaha before that, someone just told me Ferrari had a little to do with the 4.6 Romeo :shrug: IDK if thats true or not. Thats not the point, Chevy is Chevy, Dodge is Dodge and Ford is Ford and it.........ah nevermind :nonono:
And I had a 99 FRC Corvette and it averaged 29 mpg, after I put on a tune, CAI and full exhaust it averaged 22 without any change in driving style. My Cobra gets 24 with a tune, exhaust and gears so it seems a wash.

On another note, hows it hanging Raggy? Enjoying the view of your man woods? :D

If you wanna spend more money on a inferior performing engine, go ahead. Ill go with a less expensive motor that does everything better. 30+MPG on the freeway with 450+HP on tap, thats pretty damned impressive. Dont even get me started on boosted LSx based motors. Talk about cheap power.

You're kidding, right? LS1 making 450hp and knocking off 30mpg? :lol: On what planet?

You're about 100hp too generous for your horsepower estimates. Sure, they can be made to put out those kinda numbers with a good bit of work, but you're drinking your lunch if you think they're knocking down 30mpg at that power level. Cut that mileage pretty much in half at that point!

Not to mention that even in stock trim, their fuel economy has little do with the "superiority" of the engine itself and more to do with it being strapped into a low slung, very aerodynamic car that weighs less than 3,200lbs and is backed by a six speed gear box with skip shift technology and a .50:1 O/D put through a measly 3.42:1 rear end ratio!

Pork the rest of the car back up to Mustang specs, bolt it to a 5-speed with a .68:1 O/D and the typica 3.73-4.10 rear end that most Mustang guys are running and you'll see that your "superior" fuel economy figures just took a dump. ;)