don't see it much, but they do look sick as hell

7320979228702-1990-Blown-Prostreet-Mustang.jpg

Image163_lg.jpg

0607mmfp_02z+1993_ford_mustang_gt+engine.jpg

0607mmfp_03z+1993_ford_mustang_gt+engine_bay.jpg

0607mmfp_05z+1993_ford_mustang_gt+front_right.jpg

2224978336_c068826525.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks cool........yes. Not very efficient at making power compared to a screw type supercharger. Cheaper.........yes. But not the best way of making power. For the same money a turbo will out H.P. the 6-71. but may not have the same visual impact.

Looks cool........yes. Not very efficient at making power compared to a screw type supercharger. Cheaper.........yes. But not the best way of making power. For the same money a turbo will out H.P. the 6-71. but may not have the same visual impact.

Huh? The Weiand 6-71 blower kit for a 302 retails for between $6k and $7k... how is that "cheaper?" The 8-71 is even more costly. :shrug:

A blowzilla/flowzilla kit for the 5.0 is $3399 from Kenne Bell...

Don't misunderstand, for that kind of coin I'd build a twin turbo setup on an aftermarket block and call it a day, but I think you're a little misinformed regarding prices. If I was building something like an old '41 Willys with a chromed out BBC, then I'd consider a 6-71 or 8-71 just for the look and sound.

sparked some debate :D. I have read about the cost & power etc. of the 6-71 on the SBF but it still looks cool and nasty to the masses. This was a common site many years ago, big motors popping outta the hoods :nice:

If i ever had it my way i'd be putting a Wieand 174 on my car. It's a roots blower but it's not THAT big. I don't think i'd want it popping that far up out of the hood, but i'd probably have a setup with a bolt on scoop or cowl that i could remove for sunny days to show it off when i felt like it.

I think something like this, but all polished up, would look simply badass on a Mustang. There's a C5 Corvette in town with a similar setup poking through and it looks/sounds absolutely insane.

cv.jpg
0305mm_01z+1986_Ford_Mustang+Front_Burnout.jpg

0305mm_02z+1986_Ford_Mustang+Underhood_Shot_Supercharged_Engine.jpg

Ya gotta have the bug catcher. The open scoop just doesn't look as cool. I love the dual-butterfly units.

Wish I could find those pics I had of this douche selling an old Mach1 that he insisted was blown but all it had was a 3-hole bird catcher screwed to the hood. :rlaugh:

Sweet Mother Mary, its even a 4-eye. Glorious.

I think I remember the Mach. Didn't it have some sort of a hellish paint job?
So you are saying you would rather have that over a pushrod? :stick: :rlaugh:

Yeah, it was blue with a flame paint job. :rlaugh: It was on ebay with a starting bid of like $25000. I had a thread in BHR cause I was messing with the guy. Offered him a straight up trade with my Cobra. :rlaugh:

That fake blower was hilarious! He was so sure it was real. "But its hooked up to the throttle wire" :rlaugh: