FR mods or other brands?

GTstangB.F.D.M.

Mar 18, 2007
hey guys... i have been thinking about what mods im gunna do and which companies and what not.. but since my stang is brand new.. and i will probably get rid of it before the warranty is up, i was thinking about going with Ford Racing mods.. like intake and exhuast.. etc..

but i dunno if they perform or how much of a rip off the prices are gunna be..

first i wanna get an intake., and was looking at the airraid.. and have heard of the C&L.. but not too familiar with it..

then i was gunna do exhuast hoefully.. but also thinking about just doing cut outs..
my freind has electric cut outs that are nice bc u can easily switch from loud to his flowmasters.. but they cost about 500 installed.. so i was thinking about just gettin the ones that the little cap unbolts.. or if u dont want it to be loud any more, u can bolt the cpa back on.. but i am also unsure of any HP or Tq loss with this setup.. due do back pressure etc.

and suggestions, plz.. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i would skip the FRPP intake. if you like that intake, get the steeda intake. it is basically the same CAI, but has better gains. the tuner that comes with the FRPP is limited. you cannot add mods down the road and update it. the SCT tuner that comes with steeda intake will have future uses for you, but the FRPP will not.

search the forums for CAI, there are many choices, and all have been covered.

the FRPP muffler have been used with good results. you wont gain much power from an axle-back, so dont expect much other than a change in the exhaust note. there are a couple of choices for the FRPP mufflers, so be sure to check into all, and know which you are getting.

the cutouts sound like too much work.