FR500 steering wheel is on.. Pics inside..

• Sponsors (?)

Looks sweet! I put my FR500 wheel in last month. I had a bitch of a time getting the old one off, even with the puller. I stripped out the threads pulling on it and had to re-tap them. After giving it some love taps with a hammer it popped off. I like the feel of the new one, the GT one was so small.

Looks sweet! I put my FR500 wheel in last month. I had a bitch of a time getting the old one off, even with the puller. I stripped out the threads pulling on it and had to re-tap them. After giving it some love taps with a hammer it popped off. I like the feel of the new one, the GT one was so small.

1. Did you snap any pics of the install?

2. The link I put above does not give a color choice..is there only 1 color?

I plan on using the professional grade puller that they let you borrow from the auto shops...I hope this makes it easier.

Thanks
RC

hmm.. Can't remember any specifics.. Only took about a half hour to pull and reinstall.. Disconnect the battery first.. You will also need a t45 torx I believe along with the puller and smaller torx.... You won't believe how much better the wheel is by the way..

Well I already took off the center torx bolt and airbag so I can paint it. I also needed to replace the clockspring, which I will do when I get the wheeler and puller and install the wheel. I had to buy a USED clockspring. They are obsolete and not made anymore. I hope it works..I will be starting the tan to black conversion soon.. Already bought the new carpet with the wheel.

Thanks
RC

IMHO, black carpet w/ the 50/50 black/tan combo is sweet! i love my interior...

It does, but I want to convert to ALL black and red interior. I have my eyes (heart) set on a set of Mustang Black seats with red center and red pony on the head rest. This ebay company sells the leather covers as described. TO use these I would need to get rid of ALL the tan inside the car...either paint, black junk yard replacement pieces or a combination of both. If I dont want to go through all that trouble, I can keep the tan and black that I have and go with black seats with TAN center and pony head rest.

Got some decisions, But I really think the Black and red combo will be worth it once it's done.

Thanks
RC

It does, but I want to convert to ALL black and red interior. I have my eyes (heart) set on a set of Mustang Black seats with red center and red pony on the head rest. This ebay company sells the leather covers as described. TO use these I would need to get rid of ALL the tan inside the car...either paint, black junk yard replacement pieces or a combination of both. If I dont want to go through all that trouble, I can keep the tan and black that I have and go with black seats with TAN center and pony head rest.

Got some decisions, But I really think the Black and red combo will be worth it once it's done.

Thanks
RC

see now that sounds good... i know exactly what covers your talkin about!! i like them!

MINE'S Done!! :D

2359574IMG0730.JPG

Attachments

• 2359574IMG0730.JPG
    2359574IMG0730.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 62
I thought the wheels were way more expensive for some reason. I want to get one but don't know if I could live with the charcoal color in mine. Looks great on yours though. :nice:

honestly, its really the flash of the camera that makes it look that dark... its not really that bad...slap some tint on the car, and go sit in ur car @ night and stare at the steering wheel, youll never notice the difference LOL :rlaugh:

seriously though, the colors off, but not as bad as you think... just do it! its such a good steering wheel and VERY comfortable especially on drives in excess of 30 minutes+

ACTUALLY, I think the the flash made the wheel look LIGHTER than it really is. When I saw the picture at first I thought "That wheel looks a lot darker in the car"

I got mine because of the tan to black conversion, and my wheel was all beat up. After I purchased this, I found a black one in 'decent' shape in a jy. At first I wanted to :bang: but that I realized if Im redoing the whole interior....seats and all....I may as well do it right.
Thanks
RC