Fragments Of The Holy Grail Found In Western Pa

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
So there I was...

Minding my own business!

I'd stopped to look at an Excursion that is on the lot near my house. I'd been by this place a couple hundred times but never stopped in or looked inside. What do I find, you ask?

2013-12-26_16-45-36_834.jpg
2013-12-26_16-48-46_424.jpg
2013-12-26_16-52-53_17.jpg
2013-12-26_16-45-19_289.jpg
2013-12-26_16-48-32_672.jpg
2013-12-26_16-49-04_510.jpg
2013-12-26_16-48-13_28.jpg
2013-12-26_16-51-34_862.jpg
2013-12-26_16-45-07_391.jpg
2013-12-26_16-53-34_303.jpg

I don't have the full stories yet but they are part of a collection belonging to the guy that owns the sale lot. These particular items are NOT for sale!

None of these cars has more than a hundred miles on them. They're immaculate, and 100% O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L.

The 94 Cobra has a tan convertible top. That is the ORIGINAL protective plastic from the factory!

They're beautiful and the two guys that I talked too from the lot (I didn't catch their names) were all too happy to talk about them. I had a great time seeing these cars and an even better time talking to their caretakers.

Absolutely the BEST part of my holiday vacation so far. :nice:

I'll be talking to these guys some more about these cars and their owner and them. I'll try and get the full story about how this collection came to be.

Stay posted if you're interested in that sort of thing. :)

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Wow, that is a nice find. Of course they are not for sale. lol Did they smell new??

Ha Ha!!!! They DO smell new! LOL

What's more is that I commented (because it took me by surprise) that when I closed the door on EACH of these cars; they all closed with a solid "THUNK". No rattle, no squeaks, no nothing. Just as solid as can be, brand new car, in perfect order.

Wow Noobz. Hard enough to find one of those much less three in the same location. TRX wheels??? Haven't seen those in 20+ years with the damn metric tires.

That 93 Cobra is simply amazing. What # production is it?

Ask where the 93 came from. A local Ford dealer owner near where I grew up, Parkway Ford, had a 93 that he rolled off the delivery truck, onto a trailer, and then to his house. He sold it in 2003 (I think) with 14 miles on the odometer. I got to see it on the lot when it was waiting to be picked up by its new owner. Seems like I remember it going up north somewhere.

Nice find!

Joe

My uncle had an 84 GT Turbo. He used to take my cousin and I to do burnouts around the corner from the house.:burnout: My uncle was a senior in high school and IIRC I was about 7 and my cousin 9. That it what made me fall in love with Mustangs. It funny because my mom had a red 84 Corvette, but I loved the mustang.

My uncle had an 84 GT Turbo. He used to take my cousin and I to do burnouts around the corner from the house.:burnout: My uncle was a senior in high school and IIRC I was about 7 and my cousin 9. That it what made me fall in love with Mustangs. It funny because my mom had a red 84 Corvette, but I loved the mustang.

That turbo mustang was the precursor to the SVO of 85-86. Those cars were much more advanced than the GT's- 5 lug, 4 wheel disc, better suspension, 3.73's, better interior, weight distribution, and were almost as quick as the GT.
If memory serves me right, that was around the same time GM took the turbo V6 out of the GN or Cyclone and put it in a T/A and made the fastest 1/4 mile car of the 80's.

Now 30 years later Ford decided to go back to a turbo'd 4 banger.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice stuff!

@ mikestang63, the turbo GT's I ran around with when they were new still had 4-lugs and drum rears,l and other than being "exotic" by virtue of the turbo, they still didn't do much better than the 5.0 GT"s in any measure of performance, including purchase price. Despite being more expensive than the 5.0 GT, they didn't weigh much less, and were noticeably slower, which is why they never sold all that well.

Man, cool find there. I could never let them sit without driving them, but that's still pretty cool to see cars that old in showroom new condition.

Weren't the pre-SVO turbo cars notoriously problematic? Had Ford got the turbo cars "right" back then, I'm curious what impact that would have had on the current Mustangs. As neat as they looked on paper, even the SVO cars were a weak argument.

Nice stuff!

@ mikestang63, the turbo GT's I ran around with when they were new still had 4-lugs and drum rears,l and other than being "exotic" by virtue of the turbo, they still didn't do much better than the 5.0 GT"s in any measure of performance, including purchase price. Despite being more expensive than the 5.0 GT, they didn't weigh much less, and were noticeably slower, which is why they never sold all that well.

@MFE92 . Sorry that I wasn't clearer. I was referring to the SVO's with the 4 wheel disc, 5 lug, etc..., not the turbo GT, which were dogs.