Franko's Project Coupe Progress Report****

chgovfk

15 Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
AZ
Special thanks goes out to David P (from stangnet here - he drove out by me this past weekend - thanks again David ) and "uncle' patty for helping - well let's face 'Fact' basically DID all of the work - it was my birthday this pass Saturday - and I was already 1/2 drunk..........:confused:
Franko brithday 017.JPG

early morning start as usual -
Franko brithday 018.JPG

Carpet out - dash started - steering wheel out - David brought a 'puller'
Franko brithday 025.JPG

front suspension coming down
Franko brithday 026.JPG

Franko brithday 028.JPG

Franko brithday 029.JPG

back sitting in it's place
Franko brithday 031.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Whos the hottie in the 5th pic? Oh wait looks like me...

I had a good time frank let me know if you want my V8 spindles and breaks. Like I said its got new pads, rotors, bearings and seals. calipers work great just needs to be cleaned up.

Whos the hottie in the 5th pic? Oh wait looks like me...

I had a good time frank let me know if you want my V8 spindles and breaks. Like I said its got new pads, rotors, bearings and seals. calipers work great just needs to be cleaned up.
Thanks Dave - Of course I want them / that would be awesome - ...thanks again for helping me out this past weekend - if you need help when you do your conversion - let me know -

Good work so far keep it up whatre your plans?
Thanks - I haven't shown my workmanship yet - I'm more paint and body -changing the interior over to black - complete resto from the shell - street car - I've got the motor in the bag - going in as soon as the engine compartment is completed -

317126_2018592396660_1599416733_31671420_1398096300_n.jpg

Looks sweet whatre the specs on it?
I pulled it from a 1971 LTD w/90k on it - it's a 351w - 2V - retained the stock crank (polished) - and the rods (checked) - new pistons (hypers ) - machined .30 over/ new oil pump - oil pan conversion for a fox - new E-street heads (present from x-mas) - but b/c they are 'crap' - so they were 're-worked' - 270 magnum comp cam - comp cam push rods and 1.6 roller rockers - just picked up a 650 cfm holley to top it off - pic's below -
Mustang - pictures 081709 044.gif

Coppolillo_003.JPG

Looks like a fun build you know what color your painting the car?

Well now we get into a 'touchy' area - I was planning on smoothing the engine compart - (not going crazy) - but painting it a semi gloss black - so i could techincally paint it any color down the road - but it's either going to be reef blue - or .......:confused:......well ....I base color on the color - not car brand ....gets me in alot of trouble around here on SN - ....I wanted to go legend lime green - but it's too 'gold' ish for me - ....my vision - going 'retro' w/the engine compartment (boss 70's like ) - blk interior - w/the bright white limited vert GT seats only..... new seat covers (and back) - and then like a popping light mist green - w/a white base then the numerous clear coats - againist the original chrome pony's it shoould look good lowered a bit / 2" cowl hood ......I'm gonna hit the paint books for either a FoMoCo color that matches the code 59 frost green or 45B green mist from chevy and/or (believe it or not ) an o7/08 light green prius color ......:hide:........if I can't find a match - F- it - it will be painted a chev or toyoto color .....thought about a flip flop color at one time too - but that's b/c of my lust for a 96/o3 mystic ....but saw some pic's of some who already has done it - and just doesn't 'fit' the car....sometimes cars look good in certain colors only .....I don't know.... I plan on shooting a few fenders - see what is the best -....but that's waaaaay down the road -

I was planing (2) base white coats /Wet/sanding - then (2-3) color coats - then 4- clear coats - not sure about wet sanding between the clear coats though - maybe slight imperfections / w/a rub out - but the whole car?

After it's complete .....dried - Lets say he shoots 2 coats of clear - then he completely wet sands the clear coat of all areas of the entire car? -w/out a buffing to bring it back? - then find out the grit? to reapply the clear he'd have to wipe down the car complete / but - ...I don't know confusing - here's what I think is the correct way to do a paint job - sealer over metal - then primer - blocking /wet sanding - then a really gd underlying base coat - (you can wet sand this if you want to/even if its color) - then 2 color coats - it tacks off per manufacture between - drys - then while it's in the booth - you shoot your clear -2 3 4 5 6 coats - who cares - then you wet sand it all out / buff - your done ...so I don't understand what he's doing - but it doesn't 'sound' right to me- I'd be curious to know his steps -