fresh meat from TX

scottybaccus

Jun 8, 2011
Tejas, Baby!
Newly converted to the dark side of the blue oval. I've been a chevy and mopar guy all my life, but always admired the fox chassis and lusted after an early fastback. I couldn't resist any longer when the 3.7 was introduced with 305 hp AND 30 mpg.

Grabbed a race red 2011 base model and have commenced making it my own. Peeled the stripes, blacked out the deck lid, eibach sportline springs so far. Power mods later.

The nature of the pony car is one of catalog shoppers and **** talkers. I hope to find a few real hot rodders that know more than just how to bolt on parts. I come from a chassis construction background and live and breathe early hotrods. My specialty is introducing modern engineering to pre-1970 platforms.

I've done more than one V8 S10, a couple of tube chassis Opel GTs, Some of my best work includes a 6 pt cage and torque arm 3-link in an Opel, two cars I contributed to have been published and I have three projects in the works now. The hot one right now is a 1967 Mustang coupe that I am installing a GM truck-arm suspension in (nascar type) to go with the tubular k-member and strut conversion that the owner started with. The powertrain includes a Super T-10 behind an LS1. A turbo is very likely in this car. My mentors include some old school custom body guys and I've ridden the coat tails of a pro-mod team. I did commercial collision repair for several years and made my way through school as a mobile mechanic. I have literally done everything there is to do to a car. Jack of all, master of none, is that how it goes?

If you just wanna cry about a chevy motor in a ford, piss off. If you want to explore the theories of hydrodynamics as it pertains to exhaust system design or need some advice on your four-link geometry, Let's talk!

Now who do I talk to about making a smiley with a Texas flag? :flag:

• Sponsors (?)