Fresh Painted engine (pics)

Well I haven't been posting much on here, but I do alot of research here. Last post I made was of me pulling my engine. Well I've almost finished up my new 351W. Only things left to buy are the distributor, ignition, and tranny. Won't be long before my baby is back to life.

Here are some shots.

whocouldwait.jpg

My oil pan came in the following day.

oilpan.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Just curious, what made ya go back with Black? I know it off sets the chrome, however...

Black hides leaks and possible problems. Just seems that if oyu had a choice, anything other than black would have worked.

I'll be pulling mine in the next few days once I get all the parts in and will restore the engine bay and paint the motor. Most likely I'll go with Ford Blue or I may even go with Grabber Orange to accent the cars color. Either of those will allow me to see an oil leak as soon as it starts.

The motor looks great, don't get me wrong, just wondering why ya want black.

Yeah, that was brought up to me earlier. The main reason I went with black is it just looks clean.. I like how an engine bay is all black and the engine is black, and the only thing you really see are the chrome parts and braided hoses.

As far as leaks goes. EVERYTIHNG on this engine is brand new. I'm pretty sure I won't have any leaks anytime soon. Well I'm hopeing anyways... My car is going to be driven only on nice days - and will be cleaned often.

frost0100 said:
...As far as leaks goes. EVERYTIHNG on this engine is brand new. I'm pretty sure I won't have any leaks anytime soon. Well I'm hopeing anyways... My car is going to be driven only on nice days - and will be cleaned often.

Yeah, I thought the same thing... all be it I am running a 289, that puppy leaks! :mad:

Best of luck

1320stang said:
Well, I don't know what car he has, but '65's engines were black, not blue.
Sorry.....mine was originally RED!!! and I have photographic evidence! When I had the engine rebuilt (it's ONLY rebuild) the machine shop painted her blue......I just re-did the paint this weekend and I went with "FORD Red".
attachment.php

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 198
My ride is a 68 but Im not following any "original standards" for my car. I figured ford got to build the mustang how they wanted all those years ago. Now I get to build the mustang I want.

That red engine looks really nice.. Probably the nicest 6 I've seen.

frost0100 said:
They are only temporary anyway - but Im hoping she'll stick. I cleaned those puppies like i wanted to eat off of them. Then used the correct temp paint, and temp clear.

Time will tell.. :)

Unless you media blasted, cleaned with some kind of prep cleaner then used a baking process to cure the paint into the metal, you're not going to have any longivity to the painted surface of any exaust pipes. The heat is just too much for anything less.

Unless, of course, you went stainless, even then they tend to tarnish after a few miles.

Good luck, it looks good.

Sadly I still have to get a tranny before I can even think about starting mine up. Maybe after christmas I'll have what I need?

Anyone in the NC area want to donate a C4 to me?

Not to Jack my own thread or anything... But... What do you guys think about the c4 and c6? Which one should I go with? I've seen mixed reviews...