Freshly Cleaned Throttle Body

So I just cleaned my throttle body since my car would stall sometimes shifting in to neutral and it idled rough. My only question is when I was cleaning it, I had to open the flap to clean it properly and I read somewhere that that was a bad thing to do since it can throw off some calibrations or something? Do I need to worry or do any follow on maintenance?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm assuming you unplugged it and removed it, if so and you didn't over extend the flaps you should be fine. BTW there is no "proper" cleaning, it doesn't have to be "eat off of" clean being it will get carbon soaked shortly after you start driving again, symptom of all PCV symptoms. To keep it cleaner longer you may want to invest in a catch can set up.

Reactions: 1 user
I took mine off and cleaned it as well - I didn't really notice any change in performance and it wasn't even that dirty after 25k - I thought t would be black or something w/grime.

I freaked out the first time I cleaned mine cause I accidentally got fingerprints on it that wouldn't rub off. I called my mechanic buddy to see if I had jacked it up. He chuckled and said those fingerprints will be gone a few minutes after my next crank.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk