Friday Drags

• Sponsors (?)

damn man great runs! and beautiful car by the way, i have a couple questions if you dont mind answering them, whats the specs on your 347? i plan on building my 302 mildly soon and hope to be gettin around 350hp to the wheels and id love to hear about your set up and if its been dynoed? Also you look like your gettin really good weight transfer and hookin real good, what suspension set up are you running and with what springs? I was thinkin about jsut rebuilding my stock suspension and using new 6 cyl front coils and a 4 leaf gt leaf pack and was told that should give me good weight transfer with some traction bars but id love to hear about your set up, thanks and sorry for all the questions, beautiful car though man and great runs!

damn man great runs! and beautiful car by the way, i have a couple questions if you dont mind answering them, whats the specs on your 347? i plan on building my 302 mildly soon and hope to be gettin around 350hp to the wheels and id love to hear about your set up and if its been dynoed? Also you look like your gettin really good weight transfer and hookin real good, what suspension set up are you running and with what springs? I was thinkin about jsut rebuilding my stock suspension and using new 6 cyl front coils and a 4 leaf gt leaf pack and was told that should give me good weight transfer with some traction bars but id love to hear about your set up, thanks and sorry for all the questions, beautiful car though man and great runs!

Victor Jr heads ported, pretty decent sized solid roller, super victor intake, 950hp carb, low tension rings, 13.9 cc domed JE pistons with 59cc chambers (right at 14-1 compression)

Suspension is Calvert traction bars, rancho rear shocks, calvert front shocks, Moog springs from money maker, calvert strut rods, mono leaf springs.

I wish I went to the double adjustables in the rear instead of the rancho shocks, but they work ok. The 6 cylinder springs worked good for me till I cut them to lower the front, then that kinda ruined it. Went back to stock springs. Just sits too high up front now, so either I need to go to the AJE front end or some drop spindles. Would rather do the AJE setup for the weight savings and adjustablility though.

cool nice set up, you may know more about it than me, how do you think 6 cyl springs with a gt 4 leaf standard eye pack would work with some traction bars, ive been hearing good things about the traction master traction bar or of course theres always the lakewood style traction bar, but what do you think about my spring choices, i think itll be good for a street/strip car, i may look into those calvert shocks im still open to what shocks imma run

cool nice set up, you may know more about it than me, how do you think 6 cyl springs with a gt 4 leaf standard eye pack would work with some traction bars, ive been hearing good things about the traction master traction bar or of course theres always the lakewood style traction bar, but what do you think about my spring choices, i think itll be good for a street/strip car, i may look into those calvert shocks im still open to what shocks imma run

They should work good I'd think. I ran 6 cyl ones with some old worn out stockers for a long time. For the money, I'm real happy with the calvert bars. Their front shocks are pretty nice too, even on the street they aren't too bad. Not going to be a corner carver though. lol

ill have to look into the calvert shocks and traction bars then, seems to be workin real well for you, i need the car to be able to drive to on the street, i wont be trying to race it in the twisties, just drive arund town every once and a while but still have good weight transfer for the strip, sounds like it should work well, thanks for the tips on the calvert stuff!