Roush Friday The 13th Really Got Me!

gonen20

Jan 27, 2006
So, I Installed a MoSaleen Idler Arm on my S281 SC Thursday Night!:rolleyes:
Friday Morning, I'm heading out to work and I'm liking the fact that my car seems to have better throttle response!:D I stop at a light and I go to take off and My car feels like its running on 7 or 6 cylinders with no power and sluggish, barely running, idling rough! :mad: So, I pull over and check everything out and everything looks good! I restart the car and take off again! Still very little power same syptoms except the engine service soon light comes on! So I decide to take a 5 to 10 MPH drive to my Mechanics at 6:00 in the Am instead of heading to work! Normally, it would take me 10 or 15 minutes to get to his shop using the freeway, but theres no way my car could have went down the road on the freeway, especially if I was driving at 5 to 10MPH, so I took Side streets!
So can I say here, has anyone ever cruised somewhere at 5 or 10 miles an Hour????? It just about took me an 1 hour to get to his shop with bicycle riders passing me! In fear of doing more damage to my cars engine or blower I drove very slow and I should have most likely called a tow truck, but I still continued onward trying not to stress my ride. The trip seemed like a forever trip and I think I hit ever stop light on the way there to make matters worse! While waiting at his shop I was trying hard to be optimistic, hoping for something easy to fix and not major! Well he showed up and I told him what was going on and he used his computer to check my cars computer! Can I say my original hunch was right, I was running on 7 cylinders, number 8 was missfiring! Sad to say, but I've experienced driving a 289 & a 302 before on 7 cylinders and even a 428 cobra jet on 6 so I had a feeling it might have been this! Thanks god it was! My Mechanic looked at all my Spark plugs and they all looked great! 1 of my eight Coil-in Plugs were toast, cylinder 8! He replaced the Coil-in Plug with a New Ford Motorcraft one, reset the computer and Things were running strong again! While he was working on my car I decided to check my other 2 wheels out more closely, because as I posted on here in another thread a couple days earlier, One of my Saleen Wheels spokes broke all the way through! Ok, call it bad luck or coincidence but looking over the other 2 Original Saleen wheels I left on (Changed out the other side the other day) I found another stress Crack Fracture on One Side of a Spoke! Obviously not as bad as the front going all the way through, but come on here! Anyways, the list goes on and on with stuff going wrong with me on Friday the 13th, I won't bore you with those details! On the bright side my SC runs strong again!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)