Friend with ls1 talkin junk....lol

I held him off with 3.73s, full exhaust, maf sensor, 65mm throttle body, 14* timing, and a intake manifold. I was still running the stock fuel regulator too so no tuning done on that. Granted I couldn't hold off most ls1s, but his has to be one of the slowest ones made. Don't worry bout sending him your way lol, the afrs and fti cam will be enough. I'm looking at my pistons right now, cam should go in tommorow, then it's putting it back together. ET streets bolted on, then it's go time. For the stall and gears, subframes and some giggle gas will be next.

• Sponsors (?)

Im suprised he diddnt put more of a hurting on you.. If it were an Lt1 i wouldnt be suprised but that Ls1 with thoose mods should of handed it to you.

Lol hurting, all he had was a cat-back and lid, I was pullin on him through 3rd and all of 4th. SLOWLY, but he seen my tails the 2nd run.

He ran a 13.6 to my 13.8 and my car had another 1/10th in it I know, my 330' on another pass was .1 faster, but I hit antifreeze and abotu spun out before the 1/8th marker.

I need to also add we ran from a 50ish punch, a dead spot for a 2.73 a4 ls1, and I was in the heart of my powerband when I kicked it.

I'm gonna tune it with fuel pressure and timing for now. She'll run good enough until I decide to bottle feed it, at which point I'll have it tuned for n/a and spray. A spray tune is only 50 bucks more if I do em both at the same time.

Consider that your blessing, a 13.8 car on any normal day would get hurt by an LS1, especially from a roll. Be happy you raced a slow one in your powerband, that wont happen a lot! I would have trouble with a lot of LS1s in my car!

5800 in 4th was about all I wanted to turn it. With the gears I got now the speedo said 120 and thats 5% fast.

EDIT: The reason I went into 5th was because I wanted him to nail his speed limiter at 120 trying to run me down, so all I had to do was get it into 5th and hold him off for a few more mph.

who told you they cut out at 120?
I had mine well over 150 and it never cut out. I cant remember if that was before or after I put on the diablo though:shrug:

who told you they cut out at 120?
I had mine well over 150 and it never cut out. I cant remember if that was before or after I put on the diablo though:shrug:

They definately dont stop at 120.. My friends LT1 dosent even shut down at 120.
And with the lack of mods i am shocked that you diddnt get molested by the Ls1. All your major mods are You new intake manifold and A throttle body.. My old car trapped 101 in the 1/4th and i ran a 13.8 . Needless to say i got slapped by Ls1's all the time except one guy who was a bad driver..

LS1's on the highway especially a 2.73 gear would be tough to take...they will pull for ever....an Camaro/Firebird=big motor and little gear.....bad for Mustang owners...I would not race one with my Cobra...4.10's and a blower...I have nothing to brag about over 50MPH!!!!

I hate to say it but LS1's are tough. My friends 98 camaro runs 11.80's at 114 with 1.5 and 1.6 60 ft times. Tha only mods are a cam and tune, 4200 converter, 3:73 gears, SLP air box, full exhaust, and 16" MT drag radials.