front ball joints

mustangsquared

Founding Member
Jun 8, 2002
new bern nc
Ok my 06 GT has lots of play in the front lower ball joints (think thats their name) after 45,000 miles. It ate the inside of my tires to death. I had the tires replaced and thats when the issue was discovered. The shop wouldnt give me an alignment since it had so much play in both sides but I never noticed it while driving. Is this a warrany repair or a TSB? :shrug: I have the 7/70,000 warranty...Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can try but I don't believe so a ball joint is a wearable item and those are not covered by warranty, you might have an argument if you had less then 36,000 when the car still had bumper to bumper but after that the 7/70 is powertrain only. Doesn't hurt to try but expect a no.

I write service for Ford so let me see if I can help or guide a little .depending on which ESP plan you have.......if you have a Ford premium care ESP it very well could be covered......if you have the standard powertrain warranty then your out......ball joints are not covered by that plan.....now you need ball joints all ready at 45k...WOW.......even the Taurus usually dont need them until about 60,000 never seem a new stang that needed them.....damn cant even recall replacing them on a Stang yet......at all.

it defiantlly would have been covered on your 3/36.....if your extended warranty does not cover the replacement of them....talk to your service writer,or service manager...see what they or Ford can do for you....occasionally Ford will give 1 and only 1 after warranty adjustment...1 warranty repair after your out....but you may want to save that ace in the hole for a bigger repair...if the dealer is a good dealer they will prob offer you a discounted labor rate...or help you out...with 50% of the repair or more......just ask what THEY can do for YOU......I think that code for the adjustment is called a P05 .......hope this helps

btw just dont be a jerk and demand help.....there are some stipulations on the P05....but they can be offered to anyone...you don't want to burn that bridge....but ANY reputable dealer(FORD) will be eager to please you.....just understand they DONT have to offer you assistance.....be kind to your service crew and they will treat you with the same respect in return... ok i promise no more posts....lmao

When I replaced my tires (3 weeks ago) they didnt align it...becuase of the lower ball joints (The center joint in the lower control arm). Thye should me with it on the hoist. Grabbing the tire at the front and rear you could make it wobble in and out...and the other side didnt move till you went over and grabbed it.