Front Bilsteins shot

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Sup guys,

I troll here once a week now but haven't really been active much. Anyways, about 2-3 years ago I purchased bilsteins from an ebayer "tech1deals" and they were fine up until about a month ago. Totally shot. Car bounces like it be in a rap video on hydrolics. It's bad.

Anyways, getting to the point, he isn't an authorized reseller so they are not covered under the "bilstein lifetime warrenty". Sucks for me. I'm either going to get another set of bilsteins or go with Koni Adjustables.

I'm also going to cut my springs to achieve about a 1/4" more of a drop in both the front and back. Just getting bored with the stance and need a change. Here's the current stance:
20080402162913_img_4895.jpg

Basically, it'll look kinda slammed. I may just drop the front to give it an aggresive look or I may also drop the back. Not sure just yet.

My plans this spring were to get a FMIC and a bypass setup and retune for 450rwhp but some big unexpected expenses hit me and changed that :(

I'll keep you guys update on the work and most importantly:

DO NOT BUY FROM TECH1DEALS!

Later all :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Bilstien is finikey anyway. My Cobra came with them and I had the reciept the previous owner gave me. They were shot and Bilstien sai no that im not the original owner so they would not warrenty them. I have the Eibachs now and the are excellent shocks/struts :nice: Great ride, not harsh at all and they have great controll. Better than Tokico Blues but not quite (just a hair shy) as good as new Bilstiens. And if they are in the kit with the Sportline springs it will give you a slammed stance too :nice:

I'm not putting sportline springs on, just cutting my Eibach Pros. Already spoke my mechanic (who's done SO much work on stangs and I trust his judgment) and he said cutting the springs for a 1/4" more of a drop won't affect the spring rates negatively.

So basically i'll be running cut Eibach Pros (my driver side MIGHT be sagging a little though :() with either new Bilsteins or Koni Adjustables up front. :nice: