front carb inlet

this is probably a really dumb question that I will figure out 10 minutes after posting but oh well :shrug:
I current have the stock autolite 2v on and am seriously considering swapping new intake/carb but noticed that the carbs I was looking at both have side or back fuel inlets. Is there a front inlet, vacuum-secondary 4v that is recommended, or should I bend a new filter to carb line. I was also wondering if you cant just use a braided SS line (would be flexible for future changes)?

• Sponsors (?)

Seattle67Fstbck said:
this is probably a really dumb question that I will figure out 10 minutes after posting but oh well :shrug:
I current have the stock autolite 2v on and am seriously considering swapping new intake/carb but noticed that the carbs I was looking at both have side or back fuel inlets. Is there a front inlet, vacuum-secondary 4v that is recommended, or should I bend a new filter to carb line. I was also wondering if you cant just use a braided SS line (would be flexible for future changes)?

This post was a little hard to follow. If you get a new carb/intake and the fuel inlet is not where your old one is, you can run a softline...aka rubber line....from your filter to where ever your inlet is. You can run it right from the fuel pump too.