Front End Alignment

Alright getting ready to get a front end alignment on a car that I performed a disc brake swap on. I know there are better alignment specs (performance alignment) for cars that have the shelby drop performed which this car does not have. Are there newer alignment specs for 69 mustangs with a stock suspension, if so what are they so that I can go over this with the alignment shop. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I would use the same specs as recommended for cars with the Shelby drop. It's not so much the Shelby drop rather than modern radial tires that require the updated alignment specs. An alignment is basically a compensation for tire flex. Radial tires behave differently in this respect than the old bias plies for which the alignment specs were once developed and require therefore specs that are different from what's in the shop manual.

For street driving, these settings work well for starters:
Camber 0 deg
Caster 2-3.5 deg
Toe in 1/8" total

More caster increases steering effort, so you may go higher or lower depending if you have power steering or not. I would not go below 2 deg though and make sure that caster is equal on both sides (or the car will pull to one side).

helmantel hits it right on the head. the alignment specs dont care if the shelby drop is done or not. as for specs;

camber -0.5 to +0.5 degrees

caster +2.5 to +3.5 degrees

toe in 1/8" total.