Front end noise

crodrc51

Nov 3, 2010
This is a repost from the Mach 1 subforum upon recommendation. I should've posted it here in the first place...sorry about that.

My setup in the front is:
Eibach Prokit springs and Eibach struts
Steeda camber/caster plates
Energy suspension end links, and bushings in the control arms
Energy suspension offset rack bushings
Steeda ball joints
17x9 Cobra R rep with Nitto 555's.
Car is a 2003 Mach with 55,500 miles. These mods were made over 1.5 yrs and over 15000 miles ago.

Problem is recently when there is weight shift, there is a noise coming from the right front side that travels through the foot well, fire wall area-as if it was knocking against something and the noise is traveling in. It is not dependent only on acceleration, braking, clutch engaged or disengaged, motor running or off. It is temperature dependent; meaning it takes a bit of time to come on in the morning.

I have had my performance shop go over the front end, tighten things up a bit. Got rid of the noise for a short time, but returned quickly and with a vengeance-noise is more prominent now. I have even taken it to a Ford dealer, and they requested me to bring it in again to put some noise sensitive equipment on it to better source the noise.

Car is driveable, only thing I notice is that it needs frequent alignments to align the steering wheel. It will still track straight. But usually toe is off.

Any thoughts??:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Go to 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Owner's Club & Registry Website and go to the forums.....if you havn't already. Anything to do with mach 1's somebody will be able to tell you. :nice:

I don't see why the mach 1 registry would be any more relevant than stangnet :shrug: there are a larger spectrum of members here running similar setups

Could it be faulty C/C plates? I've read a few threads where members were experiencing a sound when the suspension travelled and the plates clanked together. Give us some more info on the noise maybe?