Founding Member
Jun 3, 2002
Union, NJ
A little info about the car...

2001 Mustang GT
Auto
Stock Rims/Brakes
33,000 miles

Lately two things have just begun to happen. #1...If I hit a pothole with the passenger side tire, I hear a "tweet" noise. That hasn't really bothered me as much as #2...Whenever I turn the steering wheel, either left or right, I hear a "remote control car turn left/right sound", hard to describe, but like a mechanical whine. I checked the p/s fluid, made sure the rims/rotors/calipers were tight due to the first problem, and everything seems fine. Any Ideas on either problem? Thanks in advance for the replies. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Top off the P/S fluid and the brake fluid. 4.6L power steering pumps rarely go bad but it might be. Hopefully it isn't a bad hydroboost. I doubt it.

The squeek is prolly a bad ball joint.

I had a problem the other week with a squeek when I turned the wheel and the front suspension was also making noise over speed bumps and other rough road. It turned out to be a worn out bushing on an A-arm, that was starting to bend it. Not saying this is the answer because its hard to diagnose something without being there, but it is something to check. Good Luck, let us know when you find out!