Front End Wobble

padi7777

Jul 6, 2009
Kathleen, Ga
Ford Experts,
I have a 1965 Mustang with a newly installed Mustang II suspension. It also has bullet aftermarket wheels on it. After getting the suspension installed, I drove it home and deployed to Iraq. After returning a year later, I started up my car and went driving to celebrate the fact I still have legs. As I drove my car, I noted a distinct vibration in the steering wheel after I moved past 15 or so miles and hour. The vibration does not get better as I move closer to 60. At first I couldn't figure out what was going on (I thought it was possibly a warped wheel). I took the wheels and had them checked for balance (again) and after reinstalling them to spec torque, I took it back out for a spin only to have the same wobble. I finally broke down and put my wife behind the wheel, which is a story for another thread, and noticed as I hung out the window like Ace Ventura while my wife drove her first 400 horse car and noticed the passengers front wheel wobbling like it may fall off at any instant. After ******ing the drivers seat back from my wife, I drove the car home and switched the front wheel with the back one....only to take it back out and have the same wobble. The guy who checked balance on my wheel at the shop said it was probably a bad wheel bearing....but since i just had them installed, I doubt that.....now I may could go for an IMPROPERLY installed wheel bearing.....but I defer to people smarter than I for your opinion.....From what i can tell, it is only on one side and all the rest of suspension parts look tight. What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)