Front Jacking Spot

• Sponsors (?)

I tired jacking it up on the kmember this weekend and about 6"s off the ground the jack came shooting out from under the car, scared the hell out of me. Just wondering if there was any other place to "safely" jack the car high enough to place stands under it.

See the circles? Put them near that.

front.jpg

Are you guys talking about where to put the jackstands? I'm talking about where to position the jack to raise it high enough to slide the jackstands under the car.... this must be an omen or something.. weekend before last last I had the car just about high enough when the jack cylinder blows and starts dropping the car, really really fast.. then after getting a new jack, the thing shoots out from under the car (I had it on the kmember) and drops the car.

i use the k-member with no problem, maybe you're not going back far enough. my jack has a fairly large cup on it though. my hardest thing is getting the jack under the chin spoiler, and having enough room to start jacking it up.

DarkFireGT said:
i use the k-member with no problem, maybe you're not going back far enough. my jack has a fairly large cup on it though. my hardest thing is getting the jack under the chin spoiler, and having enough room to start jacking it up.
I'm kinda hesitant to try the Kmember again.. yeah I have to use the stock jack on the side to raise the car a bit to get the hydraulic jack under it.. it's a fairly niced size 2 1/4 ton jack.

I am seriously considering paying someone to do it. All I need to do is install some motor mounts and a prochamber and I'm set for the next few months. :shrug:

DarkFireGT said:

:stupid:

I even have a low profile racing jack... What have you been doing to help? I may build me some ramps like these:

mwramps5.JPG

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwramps/index.htm

Attachments

• mwramps5.JPG
    mwramps5.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 33
I went to Lowes and bought two 12"x12"x1 3/4" cement stepping stones. I'm only lowered with the pro-kit so 1 3/4" is plenty for me. Lay these down and pull the front tires up on them, now my 2 1/2 ton jack slips nicely under the chin spoiler and I place the jack on the k-member. Never had a problem placing the jack there.

-Cale