front suspension problem

fastangboi

My first set of nuts vibrated themselves off.
Jul 26, 2006
Slowville
Another Mustang owner told me she was having the same problem i was with my 2000 Mustang. While backing up and cutting the wheel in either direction the front suspention gives a feeling that its running over small bumps. if that makes any sense.
Now i thought it was because i was lowered but she has a bone stock V6 vert. Ive upgraded my lower ball joints to Steeda X2 and i also have Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates. So the only thing i can think of is the A-arm bushings or tie rods.

Any one have any experience with this prob?

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know what it is but mine does it too. at times it has really had me worried because it makes nasty noises. ive had mine up on a rack a few times and i havent found anything that would cause something like that, so ive just dealt with it. the first thing that i looked for was my tire rubbing on the fender well but that wasnt it for me. i hope that you find out what it is, maybe i could have the same problem.

you guys have maximum plates i have steeda 4 bolts.. i too have the clunk on my set up

i will say this that i know that there is a set up the spacers on the steeda plates. i also have to have the doughnut on the end of the shock dust boot cut or else it pushes on the plate its self. (which i really think is the culprit behind the noises)

ive changed out a arm bushings with steeda offset, steering racks bushings with MM's, ball joints, and even the swaybar mounts (all steeda). also the swaybar endlinks with shorter prothane endlinks and prothane isolators. there is a stb thrown into the mix with a 2 point kenny brown kenny brown k memeber brace.(i want the mm 4 point :D there is also dspec shocks, and steeda sportlights springs and 13 inch baer brakes. none of this has taken the sound away. i need to get to the dust boots cut/trimmed/replaced one of these days thats the only untouched part on the car.