Front suspension question (spindles n such)

KingDiamond

Mar 9, 2003
Chicago, IL
I hit a curb a week ago and I'm trying to sort out some suspension issues. I put new 2003 Cobra wheels on the car and then took it for an alignment. The tie-rod was messed up and had to be replaced. So the shop did that, and then they set the proper alignment for the wheels. Well, the mechanic tells me that the passenger side front strut is also shot, and the camber is off by 2 degrees. I forget which it is, it's either the caster or the camber, whichever one is not adjustable. Anyways, he says that it's not adjustable in factory form. The passenger side wheel is obviously crooked because the top of it sticks out more than the bottom. The mechanic told me that if the spindle is replaced it will probably solve the problem. He estimated that it's going to be around $225 to replace the spindle, but he would check on Monday to see how much the spindle costs.

So do you guys think that it's the spindle that's screwed up? What else could it be?

Also, how can I tell if the front strut is good or not? The passenger side doesn't sit any lower than the driver's side.

• Sponsors (?)