front suspension rebuild kit?

food34

Sep 29, 2003
so, oregon
im currently workin on the i6-v8 swap in my 65 coupe and i know i have to change a lot of front suspension to handle the v8, just so happens that Mustangs Plus offers a front suspension preformance kit for $329 it includes

-> upper and lower controll arms
-> spring perches
-> strut rod bushings
-> coil springs insulator pads
-> end link kits

i know i still need new coil springs and spindles but is that kit worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

I only have there 750 springs and shocks, but I have a friend with a 64 1/2 that has that kit (plus the rest of their suspension parts). All I have to say is that I LOVE the way his car handles. I have thrown his car into some tight turns and still keeps a really solid foot on the road.

food34 said:
but i still gotta figure out if this enough for my i6-v8 swap, im wondering if this kit is enough for the front suspension rebuild

what do you mean enough? Strong enough? Enough parts? Enough Money? You will also need the Spindles (you mentioned) Springs (mentioned also) and v8 steering components don't know if that kit includes bushings and hardware or not.

68rustang said:
what do you mean enough? Strong enough? Enough parts? Enough Money? You will also need the Spindles (you mentioned) Springs (mentioned also) and v8 steering components don't know if that kit includes bushings and hardware or not.

I bought my front suspension kit for my 65 fastback from Mac's Automotive in NY. Kit included everything except the springs...cost about $345. When I say everything I mean everything, tie rod ends, sleeves, upper and lowers, drag link, perches, saddles, idler arm...all except the springs. You can even order the spindles if you need them. All parts are from the original manufactures (made in Canada). Can't beat that price. Check them out at http://www.macsautoparts.com/

food34 said:
im currently workin on the i6-v8 swap in my 65 coupe and i know i have to change a lot of front suspension to handle the v8, just so happens that Mustangs Plus offers a front suspension preformance kit for $329 it includes

-> upper and lower controll arms
-> spring perches
-> strut rod bushings
-> coil springs insulator pads
-> end link kits

i know i still need new coil springs and spindles but is that kit worth it?

I put this on my 65 from m=plus http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchan...oduct_Code=suprstrtr&Category_Code=suspension

Ordered it with mid eye 5 leafs, KYB gas adjusts, 620 drop springs 1 1/8 and 3/4 front/rear sway bars, I also added front torque boxes, subframe bars, and underriders.....the car rides amazing, launches strong, handles like a dream instead of a nightmare....I also added a new Flamingriver 16:1 box at the same time and did the shelby drop. Probly a little more than the total you want to spend, but worth every penny.