Front Suspension Rebuild (Which kit/4 bolt or 3 bolt)

TheMetriX

Jun 30, 2004
I'm gathering parts for my 69 FB. I'm going to do the suspension rebuild first. My 302 runs fine for the time being, and I can't exactly wipe with 20s yet, so a little at at time like alot of you guys.

I'm thinking of going with the Grab-a-trak kit from mustangsplus, and need to know if I should use the 3 bolt or 4 bolt upper control arms. Does it matter which one I use, does one setup out perform the other, and will the current setup (3 or 4 bolt factory setup) more or less dictate which one I buy? :shrug:

This will be a temorary setup, but will be on the car for at least a few years, as I plan on upgrading to a fancier setup.

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm learning this stuff as I go along, and please, be gentle... :D

• Sponsors (?)

The complete upper arms from MP for your car are 3 bolt. They work the same as the 4 bolt. They have the same dimensions and do the same job. There is no performance differance that I can see.

John

Yes! Thank you. Been trying to figure out what to buy. There's a kit at MustangsUnlimited that has the Steering Inner and Outer Tie rod thingamabob along with everything else. This seems to be the cheapest way to go for the time being.

I'll update the control arms and strut rods later.

Anyway thanks for your help.