FRPP 2V Alum Intake (pics)

• Sponsors (?)

NPIGT said:
What kinda specs does that have? I cant wait to see some #'s when your done. :nice:
Its only 6psi boost...but GreenFowSix has one on his PI swapped 96 and he put down 330+rwhp. Thats about the same as a KB 6psi kit. I already have heads/cams etc so i'm hoping for closer to 375-400rwhp with 8psi pully and extra cubes from forged shortblock.

Is that the most poundage u can run on one of those???And BTW I also plan on running a roots unit on a new modular 4.6 w/ fully ported PI heads from my buddies at DSS...and to be honest i had no idea you cant get a KB for a PI headed, NPI block set up. And do those FRPP S/Cs whine like KB's do????

droptopponynj said:
so i'm hoping for closer to 375-400rwhp with 8psi pully and extra cubes from forged shortblock.
I think you might be hoping for a lot there. Keep in mind, unless you're planning or running a water/methanol injections system with your FRPP, it's still going to be making a lot of heat at 8psi. You might see 375rwhp with that set up, but I wouldn't bet on much more that that. Even still.....that's a pretty impressive figure.

blacknblue2002 said:
I have been google'n this because I'm very interested. I was able to find a few places with it on sale for like $2,175, but I really wanna know what's up with the hardware kit for the 99-up stangs???
That price is for the Blower only!!! you still need to get the install kit which is another 1000. The install kit includes lots of brackets/hoses/wiring/fuel injectors/fuel pump/new ECU tuned from ford etc. Now you only really need the brackets,hoses etc. I'm not using the fuel pump,inj or ford tune. Thats why i think you 99 up guys could get this kit to work with alittle research. I know one of the Mods on Mod Depot made adjustments on 97 fuel rails to adapt a KB to a 97 with PI heads. It just takes some effort.

Gearbanger 101 said:
I think you might be hoping for a lot there. Keep in mind, unless you're planning or running a water/methanol injections system with your FRPP, it's still going to be making a lot of heat at 8psi. You might see 375rwhp with that set up, but I wouldn't bet on much more that that. Even still.....that's a pretty impressive figure.
I just think 375 is do-able. With the heads/cams/exhaust/intake mods i have now combined with the new shortblock with more bore & cubes I would be in the 300rwhp range NA. So I'll lose a few HP going lower C/R but this blower has to be able to get me @75 rwhp don't you think? Now i'll try and see where i'm at with the 6 psi first then go from there. This car is a cruiser not a strip burner so i'm just looking for some tq to get this almost 2 ton pig going but you understand...yours is even heavier.

"That price is for the Blower only!!! you still need to get the install kit which is another 1000. The install kit includes lots of brackets/hoses/wiring/fuel injectors/fuel pump/new ECU tuned from ford etc. Now you only really need the brackets,hoses etc. I'm not using the fuel pump,inj or ford tune. Thats why i think you 99 up guys could get this kit to work with alittle research."

OK...so if I got a SVT Focus Fuel Pump, and held off on the injectors...I've already got an SCT that I could get a tune for...how hard would it be to figure out the brackets and hoses? Does anybody on here run this setup on a 99up 4.6? Your setup is going to be sick, but I'd like to know what some rough estimates of hp gain would be with stock heads, and possibly blower cams....:shrug:

stangGT97 said:
sure thing - it was posted by blackfang over on SVTperformance. He doesnt really go into detail about the 324, but at does give a good argument for why BB is the way to go.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2884859&postcount=22

your car is going to be a beast with the new set up :nice: :nice:
I'm guessing its an article blasting the Stroker on a 4.6. The reason they are bad is because the pistons come out too far on the bottom of the stroke and are actually wobly a bit. With a big bore they re-sleeve the block and the sleeves are longer thus eliminating the pistons coming out when you add the stroke...So 324ci big bore/Stroker = :nice:

blacknblue2002 said:
"That price is for the Blower only!!! you still need to get the install kit which is another 1000. The install kit includes lots of brackets/hoses/wiring/fuel injectors/fuel pump/new ECU tuned from ford etc. Now you only really need the brackets,hoses etc. I'm not using the fuel pump,inj or ford tune. Thats why i think you 99 up guys could get this kit to work with alittle research."

OK...so if I got a SVT Focus Fuel Pump, and held off on the injectors...I've already got an SCT that I could get a tune for...how hard would it be to figure out the brackets and hoses? Does anybody on here run this setup on a 99up 4.6? Your setup is going to be sick, but I'd like to know what some rough estimates of hp gain would be with stock heads, and possibly blower cams....:shrug:
I don't know anyone who runs one of these on a 99 up. A member here (GreenFowSix) has one on stock PI heads/cams etc (96) and was putting down 330+rwhp. He's doing the same as me and getting a built bottom end blower cams etc...

droptopponynj said:
I'm guessing its an article blasting the Stroker on a 4.6. The reason they are bad is because the pistons come out too far on the bottom of the stroke and are actually wobly a bit. With a big bore they re-sleeve the block and the sleeves are longer thus eliminating the pistons coming out when you add the stroke...So 324ci big bore/Stroker = :nice:

aaah ok, so thats what they mean by re-sleeving! In that case, your 324 is gonna be sick, good luck man... your car is sure gonna be inspiration for all other 96-98 guys

Looks like a nice little blower! I think adapting it to a 99-04 would be pretty easy with a little work and research (like previously mentioned). You guys think this would this be a good setup for a daily driver with an all stock motor? You wouldnt need forged internals, would you?

You don't need forged internals for use with nearly any blower, per say. But in the same respect, you could toast your engine with any amount of boost, be it a lot, or a little if you haven't had a competent engine tune done along with its installation.

Yeah what he said :)
Since my car is PI swapped my compression is @ 10.3 to 1 and thats not good on a roots blower. Plus I want some more cubes and don't want to worry about mashing the gas pedal so i'm getting the new shortblock with lower compression.