FRPP Axle Back or Magnaflow?

I finally let someone else sit in the driver's seat of my 2011 GT and standing behind the vehicle couldn't believe how quiet the car was.

I had a 2004 Mach 1 with a Magnaflow cat-back and it sounded about ideal. I assume a 2011 would sound similar with a magnaflow but have never heard the Ford Racing Product Touring exhaust for the Mustang GT. Ninosport claims it has a mellow sporty sound whereas the magnaflow has a smooth deep sound. I think their magnaflow description is about as accurate as words can be but have never heard the FRPP touring exhaust. I tried the mustang exhaust clips site but their samples with the 2011 don't include this exhaust.

If anyone can compare the two it would be appreciated.

Greg

• Sponsors (?)

I have the magnaflow competition axle backs on my 2011 gt mustang. I love them. They have the competition series and street series. If you want your car really loud I would go with the competition series which is what I have. The street series sound good as well, they're just not as loud but sound real smooth. I've always had maganflow and wouldn't change em. I would go with magnaflow if I were you. Good luck!!

The competition series used to be called magnapacks, and they are extremely loud, or at least they were in my relatively modest set up. I think the FRRP is pretty mild by comparison. I'd go with Magnaflow of the two, although I'm looking at Borla these days.

i'm having trouble picking between the magnaflow competition exhaust (catback or axleback) and the bassani race axle back.....when i had my '03 i had magnapacks with off road prochamber and i loved the sound

Well i would go with magnaflow like i said in the other posts. If you go with a magnaflow catback it will run you about $830 for the competition catback and for the competiton axle back it will be about $480, both from planetmagnaflow.com. Its really if you're willing to spend some cash. I got my magnaflow competition axleback for $300 shipped and thats because the guy from planetmagnaflow gives special pricing to forum members. Look for a guy in these forums named MRaburn. Ask him about the special pricing. go to Magnaflow Exhaust Magnaflow Mufflers LIVE Inventory to look at the exhausts. If you go with the competiton magnaflow axleback, you could use that extra $400 or $500 that you were gonna spend on the catback to buy you an sct tuner or a CAI. Hope this helped.

Best of luck to you!!:flag:

Well i would go with magnaflow like i said in the other posts. If you go with a magnaflow catback it will run you about $830 for the competition catback and for the competiton axle back it will be about $480, both from planetmagnaflow.com. Its really if you're willing to spend some cash. I got my magnaflow competition axleback for $300 shipped and thats because the guy from planetmagnaflow gives special pricing to forum members. Look for a guy in these forums named MRaburn. Ask him about the special pricing. go to Magnaflow Exhaust Magnaflow Mufflers LIVE Inventory to look at the exhausts. If you go with the competiton magnaflow axleback, you could use that extra $400 or $500 that you were gonna spend on the catback to buy you an sct tuner or a CAI. Hope this helped.

Best of luck to you!!:flag:

thanks bro! :nice:

If I go with Magnaflow axleback, is it a simple unbolt and bolt on affair? With my Mach 1 I had to cut the stock mufflers off and it would be nice if this was a bolt on and off affair so I could easily go back to stock if I wanted.

Greg

Ya it's easy to unbolt and bolt. I took off my stock mufflers and put on the axle backs myself. It took me about an hour or hour and a half. All you need is a couple tools, a jack, and wd-40. The wd-40 is to spray the hangers so you can take em out.

Just installed the FRPP mufflers (PN M-5230-MGTCAI) on my 2011 automatic 5.0, compared to my 2010 4.6 Magnaflows I like the FRPP much better. They are actually louder but with no drone, (especially when you first start it up) but not obnoxious. I am thinking to going with with Heart Throb H to axle (with resonators). Resonators because I don't want to sound like a jerk when I drive in traffic. You won't be sorry if you get the FRPP